mysql server with network connect

• Hi All,

i've used mysql plugin for a lot of plugins and it works. I will use it for a programm on my PC an laptop too. On the mysql plugin options i activate network. the config on my PC is servername "omv" (i test it with the IP too) the right port 3306 and the username and password. but i bekome the error:

Code
    Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.178.28' (111) QMYSQL: Verbindungsaufbau nicht möglich

I test with a 0.0.0.0 IP for the mysql too and the error is:

Code
    Host 'PC.host' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server QMYSQL: Verbindungsaufbau nicht möglich

everybody can help?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Offizieller Beitrag

That allows you to connect to the server but not a database. You need to set which hosts can connect to the specific databases. I use mysql_setpermission from the command line to do this.

Actually, you can use the User Manager in MyWebSQL to add a user with privileges. Just tried it and it worked.

• thanks, do you have a totorial for thes?

used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Offizieller Beitrag

Go to Tools -> User Manager
    Click Add User
    Fill in username
    Host is the address you want to connect from
    Enter password
    If you are just using select sql statements, check Select in the Database Privileges.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• thanks, it works :thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!