Owncloud 7 setup guide Qustions

• for me the guide works fine, i am very happy about it. So once again aplause to tekkb :thumbup:

Although i am not sure what happens when an update will be installed, what´s about all the manual modifications?

Whats with the manual version setting in config.php?

Owncloud admin menu gives me a version info "stable 7.0.3" whereas in config.php without doing anything by myselve it´s 7.0.3.4

Is it really nessesary to change it in 7.0.3 ?

Vielen Dank, Regards
    Torsten
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tyan Xeon Server S5512, Ubuntu YAVDR 12.04.3 as Host, OMV 1.0 as KVM Guest with Network and Raid Passtrough

• The version change just was not done by the upgrade package... I just thought it should show correctly. Hopefully I get some time to discuss some issues with Volker and he can get an upgrade to the plugin before the end of the year.

• Maybe a basic owncloud question, but when i configure "external storage" it seems to be a bad idea to choose something like
    "/media/9089bc71-ad74-44fc-a9df-87605e247dba/OwnCloud" which is also the plugins data folder.
    If i do so, i get full access to all folders, that means including all user folders. Apps like owncloudpro will get in trouble and can´t use direct picture/video upload any more.

And correct me if i am wrong, i don´t need external storage. But it seems to replace the not working shared folder from omv plugin. So we only need it, when we want to add shared folders or extra storage. This was not clearly spoken in your guide, or just i don´t know enough of owncloud :/ till now.

Vielen Dank, Regards
    Torsten
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tyan Xeon Server S5512, Ubuntu YAVDR 12.04.3 as Host, OMV 1.0 as KVM Guest with Network and Raid Passtrough

• You should use the external storage app only with shared folders on OMV that are not system folders or working directories of a program. If you stick to your data & media folders you should be ok. The OwnCloud folder you setup above is a working directory of a program.

The "Shared folder" TAB in which you can created shared to be used in ownCloud is not working right. When you create a shared fodler there it will reset your config. So don't do it. Maybe we can get if fixed in an upgrade. For now stick to my warnings and only add shared folders from your local system via the admin/external storage in ownCloud. The external storage app is needed. Even if you add a shared folder on the Shared Folder TAB of the plugin it will not work until you add the External Storage app in ownCloud.

• Owncloud admin menu gives me a version info "stable 7.0.3" whereas in config.php without doing anything by myselve it´s 7.0.3.4

Is it really nessesary to change it in 7.0.3 ?

Sorry, I did not read this fully earlier. If it has version 7.0.3.4 then you do not need to change it. With a version 6.x of ownCloud upgrade via a newer 7.x package the version was not being upgraded correctly in the config.php.

• Hi tekkb

I hadn't followed your guide for the owncloud installation. I installed owncloud manually with apt-get install owncloud. This installed owncloud v6. After this installation i updated owncloud to version 7 within the webgui.
    Now all works fine with version 7.0.3.

But in dpkg i have version 6.x.
    root@OMV01:~# dpkg -l | grep owncloud
    ii owncloud 6.0.4-0 all ownCloud Server - Private file sync and share server

Can I change this?

• I my vms it has the updated version when i do the dkpg list. Are you sure you are upgraded??? Do you have a drop down in the upper left for files and it is a square now with icons. The old version had the toolbar that ran down the left side. The new one is different. Also, did you see in my thread to update the version number in the config.php file? From 6.x to 7.x that does not get upgraded for some reason.

• Yes im sure. I have the new webgui and this is the version in the admin panel:
    Version
    ownCloud 7.0.3 (stable)

And the config.php file is updated to version 7.x:
    'version' => '7.0.3.4',

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!