Plugin suggestion: Web based file explorer (server side)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't say pydio was the same thing as owncloud. I said I felt like I was using owncloud.

Extplorer crashes? Never run into that. I have seen it have permission problems but never crash.

The two panels is my opinion. Doesn't matter anyway because there is no good opensource file manager that has two panels or trees.

You tried drag & drop on the example I gave that doesn't have drag & drop??? I still don't know how php pages "crash"?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I used to move things around with extplorer...I wasn't very happy with it.
    once I started using MC from ssh I realized that it was all that I really needed for managing my NAS.

I'll try the shellinabox+MC combination. I think it's hard to beat!

• Aaron, was me saying that it looked like ownCloud. I took the time to experiment, as with any suggestion anyone do.
    I swear that I moved a file that was on one directory to the root. It was a txt file. Perhaps I'm half asleep after the lunch.

The entire program doesn't crash. But whenever it shows the first fail message, i can't do anything more. Even tree-view sync fails and I'm forced to use the refresh button every time. I use Chrome. Perhaps the problem it's the integrated js module it has.

@ftriscari, shellinabox works for you? Perhaps it's me that I'm dammed.

• I use the file manager in webmin, for a lot of reasons. Even for the little plugin work that I do. I like webmin for all the administrative stuff you can do plus how easy it is to change chmod and chown on individual files, or just check info on folders/files visually.

PS- if you use the mouse with MC you have to stick to Putty. The mouse is not working right with shellinabox.

• my main 2 problems with extplorer are these:
    1 in its current implementation you cant really get access to files outseide of the shared folders stuf, so for example files in /home (coutchpotator and stuf) or in var/www (like plugings for owncloud) are (sadly) out of its scope.
    2 the slighly lesser pain in the bum, is that it issn't capable of handly ACL's witch can be an issue if you want to share a single folder like /media but waint to lock out the kids from media/adults
    3 a last thing i found out, copying or moving files from a to b can be a **tch too, specially if target folder exists you wont be offered to 'merge / replace' but you just get an exception_error but i will have moved / replace anything that ccoured befor that... this makes it incredibly unreliable.

please not that this is not a support request; but only a bit of background info for those who want to look in to this, if you want reliable data management atm your mostly better of using the cli and commands like cp and mv

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!