jbd2 constantly writing to raid5 disk

• Hi,

The system finished syncing a raid5 (4x3TB) configuration. However the system is constantly writing to the raid and prevents the raid to go to standby. I have the raid configured (sdb[cde]) and a SSD on sda. The OS is mounted on the SSD and I would expect no activity to the raid if no-one is using it.

With iotop it looks like jbd2/md0-8 is the process that writes to the disk every 3 seconds. This is the process writing the journal to disk. Does this process stop after a while when all the journals are written to disk and dit the syncing trigger this process? How long does this process need in order to write all the journals after syncing?

If I look on the internet this is an issue what was posted 3 yrs ago and I cannot imagine that this issue has not been fixed in the latest kernerls.

Thanks for the information/help on getting this fixed/explained.

br
    Bernd

• Can you verify that your Raid5 was mounted with noatime?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Came across this setting on the internet myself. And, added the noatime this morning. And now goes to standby :) Excellent. Strange I created the raid and filesystem from within OMV, but it did not set the noatime in the fstab.

Thanks for the help.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!