OpenMediaVault 1.x (Kralizec) and NTFS-Problem

• I m building up a NAS with a N54L. Done this for 1 Week now and learning with Trial and Error. Yesterday I crashed my System with bad SQLSettings (+raspbmc). So I had to Setup the System again.

Doing that I have encountered a Bug that is new.

The last Days i had no Problem with Mounting NTFS into OMV. But since today it didnt worked. With searching why i found out, that always if i install Kralizec Repository mounting NTFS does not work anymore.
    If i uninstall Kralizec I can Mount NTFS-Drives again. But if i install Kralizec-Repo, mounting NTFS is not possible.

And something strange is, that when I install the Repository, nothing happens. Only if I push the clean-up Button in omv-extra tab, I see the new plugins. Before that, no new plugins are visible after install.

I did same things the last days and it worked and now it does not work anymore.

As a fast solution, i would appreciate to install a older Kralizec-Repo, but i can find a download of older Versions. Where can i get that.

(sorry for my english)

thanks

• NTFS drives will not work properly with many things in linux. The ability to mount a NTFS drive and move data to and from the drive should just be a temporary solution. You data drives should be formatted as ext4. Then they will not have any issues with chown (ownership) or chmod (permissions). You will find that downgrading is not the solution. Having data drives mounted with filesystems that are native to Debian (linux) is the solution.

• You are right, but you are talking of something different. In Generall purpose I will use ext4 in OMV.

But my portable HDD is formated in NTFS. Thing is, many of my friends use Windows. If I visit them and they will give me some files, i need to use NTFS.

And beside that generall discussion, i try to say, that it worked last days without a Problem. And since today the Repository or the files of omv-extra have changed i guess. What worked last days suddenly does not work anymore, mounting a NTFS HDD. There seems to be a Problem with the Kralizec 1.X Files.
    Can anyone confirm that or tell me where i can get a older Version of the Kralizec Files?

• Thx for the link, but the files there are not the Kralizec Files.

I search for the Kralizec Install-Package Files of

http://omv-extras.org/simple/i…install-omv-extras-plugin

If you go there you get a file that is named:

openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb

So, it is the latest_all, but i dont need the latest, because they are Buggy (on my System). I am searching for the files that were located at that downloadlink about 1 week before.

thanks for any help

• Offizieller Beitrag

They don't keep the old versions. Take a look at your folder /var/cache/apt/archives and you can find old packages sometimes.

If you can't find it, then go to github and build a custom one in a lower version

https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…enmediavault-omvextrasorg

I am not sure how the omv-extras is affecting your NTFS drive. Have you tried a manual mount in CLI?

• Found the seprate Files for the Plugins on

http://omv-extras.org/debian/pool/main/o/

I guess those are the newest, but dont know if I am right.

Now, cause I want to build a pool of HDDs I downloaded the aufs Plugin. It is dated from 12. August 2014. But it produces same fault.

When I download the Package

openmediavault-aufs_1.0.2_all.deb

and install it in OMV, after that it is not possible to Mount any NTFS drive.

So, if I have a fresh installed OMV, I have no Problem mounting NTFS HDDs (external and internal). But as soon as I install "aufs" or the OMV-extra Package, the OMV is unable to Mount NTFS.

Has anyone an idea?

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, it is the latest_all, but i dont need the latest, because they are Buggy (on my System)

What is buggy?? The files in the repo are always the latest. The aufs plugin should not keep you from mounting an NTFS drive. I will test in a VM. I definitely would not put an NTFS drive in the aufs pool though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sry Guys, I cant really tell where the bug Comes from. I only can tell, that if i set up the OMV everything works (a pure Installation of 1.0.20 omv). In now got aufs work and everything seems to run stable (with NTFS too).
    So leads to last possibility, that the Update-Files of OMV are Buggy. Because when I installed the System, I always did those updates - and I had the Problems.
    Now I have a clean installed OMV with only aufs, and I didnt used the updates, and everything runs until now.

Seems like those Updates caused the Problems.

;(

• Offizieller Beitrag

There has been a lot of changes in OMV and the plugins between 1.0.20 and current...

Having ntfs is nice when you want to backup a drive using the usb backup plugin. But using it for a permanent drive is such a bad idea...

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!