VDR Plugin

• OK after updating to glibc version from Jessie the vdr 2.0.6 version installs just fine. However I was on a hurry and wasn't able to start vdr - unknown service...I guess it has to be registered somewhere.

I wonder if the etobi 2.2 version from Jessie will also install now mhh gotta test that out when I got time...

• I managed to install the mcli-plugin but vdr exits due to missing dvb-devices, although i started vdr by cli:

Code
    vdr -P"mcli --ifname eth1 --dvb-s2 2"

I got this result (syslog):

Does it work on streamdev? Nope - only at :3000 i can see the channels. vdradmin :8001 doen't even work.

Where do i put in the params for mcli? There is no mcli.conf in /etc/vdr/plugins.
    When i write

Code
    -P"mcli --ifname eth1 --dvb-s2 2"

into omv-vdr-screen \Extra-Options, i get an error-message.

What can i do?

regards
    Erik.

Auch das geht vorbei ...

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Pfeifenraucher ()

• Eyery few month, my VDR is not working anymore, which is quite annoying. Seems that I again need to re-install TV - card driver. Could it be that it has to do with linux headers, respectively new OMV versions? If yes, ist there any chance to protect?

• I was using vdr plugin with OMV 2.x and kernel 4.1.7 for a while without any problems.
    Now I updated to OMV 3.0.4 with vdr plugin 3.0 and when I try to search for channels it says: 'main:3107: FATAL: UNKNOWN VDR VERSION'
    I wanna report it and ask if anyone tried it with success....

My business server: OMV 4.1.22 | intel J2900 + 4GB DDR3 | 64GB SSD OS Disk | 2x1TB WD raid data disks
    Home Server: OMV 4.1.22 (4.19bpo
    ) | MSI B150M PRO VDH | i5-6600T 35W | 16GG RAM DDR4 2133 | 60GB SSD OS disk | 120GG SSD Games (Minecraft+Ark)| 1x4TB+2x2TB WD NAS RED HDDs
    ---------------- File server, FTP, Printing server, Plex, Logitech Media Server, VDR, Minecraft Server, Ark Survival Server, jDownloader
    Home automation server: OMV 4.1.22 (kernel 4.19 bpo) | Intel J4205 | 128GB SSD OS | 250GB HDD DATA | USB-RS485 | mbusd MODBUS TCP<->RTU GATEWAY | HMI SCADA myscadaHome

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is risky running 3.x with that many services... I would use the backports 4.3 kernel. I know I don't test with a self compiled kernel so that would just take one more thing out of the equation when fixing bugs.

Two things... make sure the external vdr is NOT in the sources anymore and make sure the package you installed is from the debian repos.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That is risky running 3.x with that many services... I would use the backports 4.3 kernel. I know I don't test with a self compiled kernel so that would just take one more thing out of the equation when fixing bugs.

Two things... make sure the external vdr is NOT in the sources anymore and make sure the package you installed is from the debian repos.

Yes, I'm running on the 4.3 backports kernel. VDR installed from plugin manager.....

My business server: OMV 4.1.22 | intel J2900 + 4GB DDR3 | 64GB SSD OS Disk | 2x1TB WD raid data disks
    Home Server: OMV 4.1.22 (4.19bpo
    ) | MSI B150M PRO VDH | i5-6600T 35W | 16GG RAM DDR4 2133 | 60GB SSD OS disk | 120GG SSD Games (Minecraft+Ark)| 1x4TB+2x2TB WD NAS RED HDDs
    ---------------- File server, FTP, Printing server, Plex, Logitech Media Server, VDR, Minecraft Server, Ark Survival Server, jDownloader
    Home automation server: OMV 4.1.22 (kernel 4.19 bpo) | Intel J4205 | 128GB SSD OS | 250GB HDD DATA | USB-RS485 | mbusd MODBUS TCP<->RTU GATEWAY | HMI SCADA myscadaHome

• I would just autoremove and purge everything that has to do with VDR and then install the plugin again. It works fine with VDR straight from Debian. It's always a good idea to backup /etc/vdr/channels.conf to avoid having to rescan your channels.

• hammondb4: Did you get it to work? I have the same problem with the plugin "openmediavault-vdr 3.0.2" from the omv-extras.org repos.

Code
    w_scan version 20130331 (compiled for DVB API 5.9)
    using settings for 19.2 east Astra 1F/1G/1H/1KR/1L
    scan type SATELLITE, channellist 67
    main:3107: FATAL: UNKNOWN VDR VERSION.Done ...

Greetings Hoppel

Bilder

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• hammondb4: Did you get it to work? I have the same problem with the plugin "openmediavault-vdr 3.0.2" from the omv-extras.org repos.

Code

Greetings Hoppel

That issue is because w_scan is called with the argument -o 7 which is for VDR 1.7, in Jessie that option doesn't accept that value anymore. It's fixed in the master branch but that won't be released until the next version of the openmediavault package is released.

• Ok, thanks for the information. Which openmediavault package exactly do you mean?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code

Greetings Hoppel

The core openmediavault package. There's no ETA for when it'll be released, but probably not soon. However, if you want to scan manually it isn't that difficult. Basically you run w_scan [options] > /etc/vdr/channels.conf. To find what options you need just execute w_scan -h.

• Ok, thanks. I will get it to work. One last question. This is beta software and officially not supported by the forum. Where is a good place to talk about errors?

Greetings Hoppel

• Where is a good place to talk about errors?

For third party plugins, its each respective issue page on github for the plugins. For the core its http://bugtracker.openmediavault.org

Please do proper reports thought ;)

Be aware that the next update of the 3.0 version will introduce a massive amount of changes, things will likely be broken all over the place. So be warned if you use this on any kind of production system.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi,

ok, this was easy. I got the omv-plugins "openmediavault-vdr 3.0.2" and "openmediavault-vdr-vnsiserver 3.0.0" (vnsi server v1.3.1) to work with kodi (jarvis 16.0 - vnsi client 1.11.14) on a windows 10 machine. I like this kind of plugins! ;)

The only thing I had to do was to modify the owner and the prvilileges of the recording directory.

Now I want to have look for time shifting.

Greetings Hoppel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!