Cant login to webgui after update?

• Hi there, I have been running omv kralizec without a hitch until recently. I ran an update and can bring up the webgui in my browser (I have tried 3 different browsers on two computers) but when I enter user name, password and hit login nothing happens? I have changed the password with omv-firstaid, and no luck? I had to restore an earlier image with clonezilla. After that I gained access but then I ran updates and came back to the same problem. I have looked many suggestions as how to resolve this but so far no luck. I can SSH in just fine though. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it looks like I am feeling around in the dark! Cheers

• hi,

you can try to restart nginx and see if the problem is gone type this in cli.

Code
    /etc/init.d/nginx restart

if this is not working copy and past the output of that command here.

greats steel

gr. steel

Cooler Master CM 690 III with 650 watt 80+ gold power supply
    AMD A8-5600k processor
    8 GB ddr 3 1333 ram
    crusial 120 ssd
    5 x 2 TB WesternDigital red harddrive in raid 5
    2 intel 1000mT nic's
    latest OMV stone burner

lets get cooking .....
    don't be afraid of learning it can be fun

• Also please try inkognito mode in chrome and open up the debug console with F12 and watch for errors while you try to login.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi Thanks for getting back to me. after trying /etc/init.d/nginx restart, all I got was "Restarting nginx: nginx.". Tried it in incognito mode, no change and have included info from debuging console. I get no errors when I run updates. When I run-

Code
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

the output is this-

• this is how it would look like if nothing is wrong

That is the sourcecode of the page, but not the debug log I was speaking about. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Try uninstalling the mediabrowser plugin:

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-mediabrowser

It is a newer plugin (like a beta) and I read that it may have some issues with some of it's packages.

• hi,

Zitat

That is the sourcecode of the page, but not the debug log I was speaking about.

just wanted to let him see how it looks like in html ;)

is it possible to re install nginx or will this have no effect ?

gr. steel

AMD A8-5600k processor
    8 GB ddr 3 1333 ram
    crusial 120 ssd
    2 intel 1000mT nic's
    latest OMV stone burner

lets get cooking .....

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von steel2400 ()

• i did try to reproduce the fail but i cant its always nginx that fails to load but no php file is missing or incomplete ?(

gr. steel

AMD A8-5600k processor
    8 GB ddr 3 1333 ram
    crusial 120 ssd
    2 intel 1000mT nic's
    latest OMV stone burner

lets get cooking .....

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von steel2400 ()

• Sorry been away so long, gave CvH suggestion a go no luck and tried to give apt-get dist-upgrade a go and this is what it returned

Code
    $ sudo apt-get dist-upgrade[sudo] password for gerg: Reading package lists... DoneBuilding dependency tree Reading state information... DoneCalculating upgrade... DoneThe following packages will be upgraded:openmediavault-omvextrasorg1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.Need to get 0 B/269 kB of archives.After this operation, 183 kB of additional disk space will be used.Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y(Reading database ... 84050 files and directories currently installed.)Preparing to replace openmediavault-omvextrasorg 1.0.15 (using .../openmediavault-omvextrasorg_1.0.16_all.deb) ...Unpacking replacement openmediavault-omvextrasorg ...Processing triggers for openmediavault ...Restarting engine daemon ...Setting up openmediavault-omvextrasorg (1.0.16) ...OKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKOKAgent pid 3305Identity added: /root/.ssh/id_rsa (/root/.ssh/id_rsa)Identity added: /root/.ssh/id_dsa (/root/.ssh/id_dsa)Key foundKey foundProcessing triggers for openmediavault ...Updating locale files ...Updating file permissions ...Restarting engine daemon ...monit: action failed -- Other action already in progress -- please try again laterRestarting OpenMediaVault engine daemon: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function setproctitle() in /usr/sbin/omv-engined on line 296invoke-rc.d: initscript openmediavault-engined, action "restart" failed.dpkg: error processing openmediavault (--configure):subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 255Errors were encountered while processing:openmediavaultCreating index of upgradeable packages ...Creating index of OpenMediaVault plugins ...E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
  • apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!