Transmission run 2 instances at the same time

• I thought it was something more like a limitation. Like not be able to parse multiple requests at the same time (like adding two different torrents at the same time).

What about the renaming? can you rename while the file is still seeding? or you move and rename the unpacked file? I personally don't use rename since xbmc and plex handles everything.

Once the seeding is complete, it moves to the folder /complete/TVShows. Once the tvshow is placed in this folder FileBot rename correctly in my langage (french) and move it in /HDD/LandingZone/TVShows/TvShowName/name_1x02_title.mkv (tanks again david for the help with script)

Zitat

Anyway you can try as suggested another init script config files and other transmission-daemon folder. The worst part is the json config files.

For settings.json, it's pretty simple, change the peer-port, config_dir for tranmission-daemon2 and some settings. The only thing, on ubuntu you need to create a symlink for the setting.json to /var/lib/transmission-deamon, on debian it seems that not.. not sure. And if you need a second /var/lib/transmission-deamon. Maybe if you not have to create a symlink of settings.json.. a few tests are required.

anyway.. may one day that you have time to create a GUI to manage it. That would be cool :)

thank you

NeurOSick
    Hardware ASRock N68C-GS, AMD FX-4100 8GB RAM
    OMV3 Distro + OMV-Extra + Docker + OpenVPN = Unlimited possibilities!

• little question..

when I try to add a new rule to make tranmission-daemon2 start automatically when server starting I type :

update-rc.d transmission-daemon2 defaults

And I have this message :

insserv: script transmission-daemon2: service transmission-daemon already provided!
    insserv: exiting now!

I'm stuck here.. any idea?

tanks

NeurOSick

• Summarized see if I did not forget something

first stop transmission daemon

after that.. I'll put all my steps :

Duplicate step :

Configuration on duplicate files
    nano /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon2

Code
    NAME = transmission-daemon 
    to 
    NAME = transmission-daemon2

Configuration of the settings.json
    nano /etc/transmission-daemon2/settings.json

Code
    setup all my download-dir / complete / incomplete and watch
    change peer-port 51413 to 51414
    change rpc-password
    change rpc-username
    change rpc-port 9091 to 9092
    change rpc-whitelist-enabled true to false

Now config directory
    nano /etc/default/transmission-daemon2

Code
    CONFIG_DIR="/var/lib/transmission-daemon/info" 
    to
    CONFIG_DIR="/var/lib/transmission-daemon2/info"

now try to create a rule to automaticaly start my new daemon with this command (no success)

Code
    update-rc.d transmission-daemon2 defaults

I have this message :

Code
    update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing
    insserv: script transmission-daemon2: service transmission-daemon already provided!
    insserv: exiting now!

start the engines :

/etc/init.d/transmission-daemon start
    /etc/init.d/transmission-daemon2 start

Now the transmission-daemon at localip:9091 work (normal it was installed automatically with the plugins) but not the second instance transmission-daemon2

Any idea while I revise my settings?

EDIT : Ok all work great now.. a small typo error in the transmission-daemon2. I just have to figure out why I can not configure it to start automatically

tanks

NeurOSick

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von NeurOSick ()

• I have no idea, i am not a coder. I am struggling now with some other guy in the forum to build a flexget plugin. But we are like blind people trying to paint.

haha I love the analogy. For Flexget would be a good addition also!

NeurOSick

• Check in the init script #2 references for config files. What happens if you start #2 only (with #1 disabled)?

the references seem to be ok and when I apply update-rc.d transmission-daemon2 defaults the #1 is disabled. (trying all disabled and only the #1 disabled).

fog..

NeurOSick

• Offizieller Beitrag

Check if the dependency boot sequence passes the symlinks into the runlevel folders /etc/rc.[012345], there should be positioned one after the other one.

Maybe we should separate them a little bit in the boot sequence. Don't think that it matters but...you could try.
    Do you know how to override a boot sequence level for init, the position?

edit: the default omv script doesn't use pid, if in case you added maybe you added the same pid?, just a suggestion.

• I see a guy on debian.net it rename all the second instance files to another name (tv-daemon) and it seem to be work but at the end you have a guy (subhuman) he said "you're looking at the wrong places. start-stop-daemon creates a pidfile, meaning a file which contains the pid of the process it just started. whatever name you bestow upon your pudding, it still remains a pudding."

It tells you some thing?

NeurOSick

• Why not use both transmission and deluge, saves trying to run 2 instances

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Check if the dependency boot sequence passes the symlinks into the runlevel folders /etc/rc.[012345], there should be positioned one after the other one.

Maybe we should separate them a little bit in the boot sequence. Don't think that it matters but...you could try.
    Do you know how to override a boot sequence level for init, the position?

No

Zitat

edit: the default omv script doesn't use pid, if in case you added maybe you added the same pid?, just a suggestion.

If you tell me that OMV does not use PID I hit anything, so it should not be. Anyway .. I do not know everything on debian. it's only been one year that I work on that.

NeurOSick

• Why not use both transmission and deluge, saves trying to run 2 instances

Yes it's a possibility. I dont know how to configure Deluge with Couchpotato (note that it may be less complicated than what I am trying to do) and I dont know if deluge support output script when a torrent it's finish.

NeurOSick

• I have been using Deluge ever since I did the deluge plugin, it does work with CP and SB and should be able to call a script although I have not used that feature.

• So? are the symlinks ok in rc?

rc

I have been using Deluge ever since I did the deluge plugin, it does work with CP and SB and should be able to call a script although I have not used that feature.

does not work with CP and SB or it working with CP and SB?

NeurOSick

• does not work with CP and SB or it working with CP and SB?

It does work with both, configuring Couchpotato and sickbeard was just a case of entering the fields requested in the setting pages.

• Did you check the peer port? I've just launched through CLI another instance with different peer port and different RPC one

Yes I've changed the peer port et rpc.. I have no problem with that.. my only problem is to set the second instance automaticaly load on startup

NeurOSick

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!