Virtualbox host cdrom no accessible

• Hi Guys,

I'm using the Virtualbox plugin for the first time, and I've no experience with it.
    After installing apparently everything correctly, tried to create my first virtual machine but when tried to boot from the host cdrom to start installing the OS on the VM got this error message and don't know how to continue, please give some help.

Code
    Cannot open host device '/dev/sr0' for read/write access. Check the permissions of that device ('/bin/ls -l /dev/sr0'): Most probably you need to be member of the device group. Make sure that you logout/login after changing the group settings of the current user (VERR_ACCESS_DENIED)

I know this is something with permissions but where to change them?

• Edit the User in the Webinterface and assigm him to the cdrom group.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I need some extra help...

My goal: Windows -> VirtualBox -> OMV -> VirtualBox -> xbmcbuntu
    I have OMV 1.0.20 running inside of VirtaulBox, hosted on Windows.

I have added the OMV VirtualBox plugin.
    I am trying to create an OMV VirtualBox for xbmcbuntu.
    The xbmcbuntu .iso is on the Windows host.

The xbmcbuntu .iso is presumed reachable in OMV VirtualBox via Host Drive CD-ROM.

I added the user "vbox" to the "cdrom" group.

Clicked Save.
    Clicked Apply.
    Logged out as Admin (presuming this also logs out the user vbox).

But I get the same error message:
    Cannot open host device '/dev/sr0' for readonly access. Check the permissions of that device ('/bin/ls -l /dev/sr0'): Most probably you need to be member of the device group. Make sure that you logout/login after changing the group settings of the current user (VERR_ACCESS_DENIED)

Thanks,
    Jake

• My goal: Windows -> VirtualBox -> OMV -> VirtualBox -> xbmcbuntu

Why does this remind me about the Movie 'Inception'?

Why do you want to do it that way, and not just simply run XBMCBuntu on your VirtualBox on your PC?

ls -l /dev/sr0

Execute that command and post the output.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I'm not sure how you think "hosting xbmcbuntu on omv using different hardware" works?!

Did you reboot the VM already?

Greetings
    David

• This is really driving me insane.

Cannot open host device '/dev/sr0' for readonly access. Check the permissions of that device ('/bin/ls -l /dev/sr0'): Most probably you need to be member of the device group. Make sure that you logout/login after changing the group settings of the current user (VERR_ACCESS_DENIED)

I made sure that the users vbox and admin are in the CDROM group, and I still get this error. The only way around it is to load the CD, chmod 777 /dev/sr0 and then start the VM

Please help.

Thank you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!