Change eth2 to eth0 - Autoshutdown

• Hello erveryone.

I've got a problem. I installed a new network card which is now marked as "eth2". The Autoshutdown Plugin only scans for eth0 and eth1. -> It doesn't work anymore. Is there a way to change "eth2" to "eth0"?

• I guess solo0815 needs to fix autoshutdown instead. ;)

Not sure how to properly switch eth2 to eth0 vice-versa.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• That's bad news... ^^ The onboard LAN wasn't supported during installation so I had to install OMV using my notebook -> (Notebook NIC = eth0). Installing Backports Kernel and switching back to the server (onboard LAN = eth1). WoL wasn't working properly with the onboard LAN so I bought a Intel network card (==eth2)... Now autoshutdown isn't working. -.-

• If you would've explained it that clearly in your first post... you can fix that.

rm /etc/udev/rules.d/70-networkblah

Then, reboot.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• You're welcome.

Greetings
    David

• Then I don't have to change anything?
    I added eth0 and eth1 only, because I never heard of a Server with more than 2 NICs. Do you know one?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Then I don't have to change anything?
    I added eth0 and eth1 only, because I never heard of a Server with more than 2 NICs. Do you know one?

Not that it affects me (not used with OMV) but I have a two port network card with two on the motherboard in one of my systems :) Needed two ports and one of the ports on the motherboard was physically broken. Bios doesn't allow me to turn motherboard ports off either.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!