Remote-Share

• hello,
    I allow myself a little message on this wonderful plugin.
    I have a little problem with the plugin Krazilec and while I do not have that trouble with the 0.5.x version openmediavault.

explanation:

when I use the plugin in 0.5.x, I create my file in shared folder, I verified the ACL and I am owner and the group that are on root: users
    then I'll set up my nfs shares with remote-share and I verified the ACL and therefore owner and group exchange rates from nobody: nogroup

This allows me to create a smb share and able to connect it without worries.

By cons with the plugin under 1.0, I create my file in shared folder, I verified the ACL and I am owner and the group that are on root: users
    then I'll set up my nfs shares with remote-share and I verified the ACL owner and group and therefore does not change and remains on root: users

suddenly when I create my smb share, it refuses me access to the client post.

I checked all the settings there is nothing else that interferes.

and perhaps this in fstab:
    in 0.5.x

Code
    192.168.0.2:/volumes/mynas/share on /media/93d436e7-ADFB-484-a7e2-d1eb8836d285/share type nfs4 (rw, intr, addr = 192.168.0.2, clientaddr = 192.168.0.22)

in 1.0

Code
    192.168.0.2:/volumes/mynas/share on /media/96f466c7-d839-4bc5-abc3-17a3622328fa/share type nfs4 (rw,relatime,vers=4,rsize=1048576,wsize=1048576,namlen=255,hard,proto=tcp,port=0,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,clientaddr=192.168.0.22,minorversion=0,local_lock=none,addr=192.168.0.2)
    • Offizieller Beitrag

That is the output of mount. Can you post the /etc/fstab from 0.5 and 1.0? The plugin options did not change between 0.5 and 1.0. It must be the differences in defaults of Debian Squeeze versus Wheezy.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• 0.5.x

• Offizieller Beitrag

Notice how the fstab entry is exactly the same? Not much else I can do.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I have a lot looking for I feel that the problem is more of a configuration error on samba, because I do not even have to connect with a local user.

I think everything revolves between ldap / Samba in fact, not as I thought at first between remote-share and other.

• OMV in 0.5, I configure LDAP, Remote-Share, I share via samba, It Works
    OMV in 1.0, as long as I configure LDAP, even the Local User no longer have access to the share.

I tried to look at the configuration files of each and compare but I think I missed some thing.

So I do not know what it's coming.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I haven't used LDAP and it has had some changes. OMV 1.0 uses a different version of samba as well. I have used the RemoteShare plugin with samba between two OMV 1.0 boxes with no issues before. Can you post the /etc/samba/smb.conf of the remote box?

• Hi,

Just a quick note those trying to mount a Samba share with a space in its name. The space should be escaped with '\040' (like explained here http://stackoverflow.com/a/15316323/448018) and for this to work via the plugin UI, the '\' should also be escaped... in the end, replace spaces in your samba share names with '\\040' and it will work.

Created an issue here: https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ault-remoteshare/issues/3

Hope it helps
    Bests

• Offizieller Beitrag

The aufs and mhddfs plugins escape space names in fstab. So, code is easy and fixed in 1.0.5. I guess I didn't know samba shares could have a space.

• hi,

im hoping maybe i could get a little assistance with the remoteshare plugin. im a complete noob in linux but building this omv box has been a great learning experience for me. ive got everything set up the way i want for a plex server, but i would like to use the remoteshare plugin to mount a static ip'd servers smb shared drive for plex to access.

ive run into a few issues trying this, and i fully believe its because i have no idea how to format the "server address" line in the plugin. i will try to attach photos but basically what ive tried in the server address field is

//server_name/shared_folder
    server_name/shared_folder

//192.168.xxx.xxx/shared_folder
    192.168.xxx.xxx/shared_folder

ive even tried options with the forward slashes instead of backslashes and each with single quotes around them as well. each one of those lines returns an error when i hit "apply" in omv. sometimes its "cant resolve host" or one was "bad unc" i think. id appreciate if someone would help with the correct way to format/use this plugin, or point me to a a remoteshare manual. ive honestly looked everywhere for a readme or something to help me figure out how to use the plugin.

again, sorry if this is a completely easy rudimentary thing, but ive only just gotten into linux and omv in the last week. everything else ive figured out with extensive googlage, but this issue has taken me about 3 days and now id just rather ask someone.

• Hi,

So, code is easy and fixed in 1.0.5. I guess I didn't know samba shares could have a space.

Thank you for the ultra-fast fix as well as for the addition of support for FTPFS and SSHFS... This is a muuuuch useful plugin that'd deserve being upstreamed !

About the space in the Samba share name, I'd had prefered renaming it but it's the one of my ADSL box and I can't :(

Thanks a lot again
    Bests

PS: As I don't use it personnaly, and a little afraid of "looking spammy" (is that english ?!), I didn't created isuues on Github for the following:
    * S3FS: to be able to mount an Amazon S3 bucket as a file system
    * CephFS: not considered production ready yet, but will surely have it's pace aside of Gluster's

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!