How to delete old filesystems from OMV-Configuration

• Hi folks,

in my config.xml and omv-gui are some old filesystems listet ( usb mountet ntfs disks )
    These filesystems are no longer needed and I want to delete them from my config.
    When I try to remove them via OMV-GUI the delete button is greyed out, not usable.
    When I try to remove the entries in the config.xml, omv-gui is corrupted and will start no longer...

Any suggestions how to remove the entries??

THX m0therbrAin ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

If the filesystem is not deletable, then it is referenced by one or more shared folders. Make sure you have deleted these shared folders, then you will be able to delete the filesystems.

• Nearly same issue here.

I'm able to press on delete but nothing happens.

drives has not been shared. I was wondering, cause I connected a ntfs drive and was able to mount it. After round about 5 minutes, the drive got disconnected by the system and now I'm having such entry:

additionally I'm receiving mails with following content

Does not exist Service fs_media_98B83289B83265C2

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 22:31:47
    Action: restart
    Host: NAS.local
    Description: filesystem doesn't exist

• You should not use any disk commands with a NTFS disk. NTFS drives should only be mounted temporarily to move data to your OMV.

With the NTFS drive connected do this:

mount -a
    unmount the drive in the web gui and then you can disconnect it.

You need to make sure you undo any services and unmount drives before you disconnect them or you will corrupt your config.xml file.

• You need to make sure you undo any services and unmount drives before you disconnect them or you will corrupt your config.xml file.

If not, is there any way to delete the orphaned device manually from the omv config?

Best regards,
    omvuser

• Of course. Make a backup of the config file and edit it manually:

Code
    cd /etc/openmediavault/
    cp config.xml config.xml.bak
    nano config.xml

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Of course. Make a backup of the config file and edit it manually:

Code
    cd /etc/openmediavault/
    cp config.xml config.xml.bak
    nano config.xml

David

I tried that before, but I don't know what entry to look for. Could you name the section that corresponds to the filesystem entries?

Thanks!

• You can do a logupload (See my Signature) and I will show it to you later.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!