openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• When you install/remove an Emby plugin do not use the button in the restart notification that pops up in the Emby UI. Use the restart button on the Settings panel of the plugin.

If you do click on the restart button in the UI you will get a stuck pid. The internal button to the UI does not know to call the restart function of the emby init script.

To fix a stuck pid in command line:
    cd /var/run/emby
    rm emby.pid

Then go into process list in the web gui in Diagnostics / System Information
    Look for the User Emby in the list and it's PID number then go back into command line:
    kill # (whatever the PID number is)
    service emby start

I put a message into Luke on this. We see what he says. But if you make sure to use the plugin Settings panel Restart button you will not have this issue.

• It uses Emby. Did you purge the old version? You downloaded the zip file and installed with dpkg -i yes?

Oh, I get it. My friend it should have never shown in the Web GUI. I set it up as a system user and that is what it should be.
    It will have a user id of in the 100s now.

Code
    if ! getent passwd emby >/dev/null 2>&1; then
                adduser  --quiet \
                         --system \
                         --ingroup nogroup \
                         --no-create-home \
                         --disabled-password \
                         emby

See the --system. It is a system user now as it should have been.

• You need to uninstall it. The new one is not in the repos. It is the zip file here:

You installed the old plugin but the latest mono version of emby. You need to uninstall in the plugin section and then install this zip file with:
    dpkg -i

Everyone should ask Aaron to put this new one in the repo.

• Just a minute, on phone....

I actually think that will allow you to do everything you want, like adding images to folders where you media is.

You can do this to see info. on the emby user:
    id emby

cat /etc/passwd | grep emby

• No hurry.

Sadly that did not work:

[/code]

• Sorry, I was on the line with a wealthy client.

usermod -a -G users emby

e.g

Code
    root@kralizecvm:~# id emby
    uid=135(emby) gid=65534(nogroup) groups=65534(nogroup)
    root@kralizecvm:~# usermod -a -G users emby
    root@kralizecvm:~# id emby
    uid=135(emby) gid=65534(nogroup) groups=65534(nogroup),100(users)
  • I think you guys have one of the best plugins for Emby out there now. It will be a couple weeks before I work on this again.. Going to work on some other things during the holidays. :)

******Remember do not use the restart notification button in the UI of EMBY. Use the button on the plugin panel when installing/uninstalling Emby plugins/channels******** Luke is coding a fix for the restart in the Emby UI.

If you get a stuck pid file by using this look back through the posts for how to fix.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!