openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• i am also having a problem with mediabrowser not starting. checking the logs, i see:

perhaps zank is having the same issue?

• Hi Sergio

Server Information:

Release: 1.16
    Codename: Kralizec
    System: Linux Server 3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.65-1+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    CPU: AMD II X6 1090T
    RAM: 8GB

My current PLUGINS:
    ii openmediavault 1.16 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-backup 1.0.11 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-couchpotato 1.0.3 all OpenMediaVault CouchPotatoServer plugin
    ii openmediavault-forkeddaapd 1.2 all OpenMediaVault forked-daapd (DAAP server) plugin
    ii openmediavault-keyring 0.3 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii openmediavault-mediabrowser 1.10.0 all Media Browser Server plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 1.14 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-owncloud 1.4 all OpenMediaVault ownCloud plugin
    ii openmediavault-pyload 1.0.2 all OpenMediaVault pyLoad plugin

i used the mediabrowser plugin for a long time without any problems and at once the service wont start. i tryed it trough the webui and the terminal, no chance.

• Seems that someone in the mediabrowser community have slipped the beta version for the new libraries (that aren't supported in debian) on the distributable zip.
    Unfortunately three guys me included where working severel weeks on omv support for those libraries without success.
    I'll request an older copy of the package and if possible host ourselves there.

After that possibly I will freeze the plugin at an stable point because that project it's going crazy.
    I'm so sorry for all those inconveniences and I know that it won't alleviate, but I'm the first one really angry on this.

• @Sergio you're dooing a great job. ;)

Thanks David. I had put high hopes on this project. Unfortunately it all doesn't depend on me and I can't decide whether Debian must be a priority or not.
    I hardly tried they to realize that they can't do implementations only based on the flexibility of windows or the last hour ubuntu versions, without success, of course. It's too easy for a developer to pick the new shining things, but they don't want to use old fashioned ways. They don't bring public reward.

Also MB staff decided to change projects name in a flash, so there are too many things to change to continue with this. I think the best I can do is to freeze this plugin and when conditions are for MB run on Debian, start a new plugin for Emby. We'll see then how we can import users settings from an existing MB installation.

I already have a copy of the last debian stable MB released. Next week I'm on holidays so it must get all done. Today I'll put domoticz to work with zwave.

• Send them to me, i'll include them in the omvextrasorg repo.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• They are now using this library ImageMagick in such a newer version that it's not compilable in Debian. Devs arguing that sent me imagemagick packages full of invalid deb files as proof. So unfortunately in OMV we'll have to stuck on latest stable version of mediabrowser until Debian supports that exotic library. People that want's to be on Emby will have to build an ubuntu VM.

But I think devs at mediabrowser will early become in love with another on-the-edge library version and get all debian users out again without a notice. That's definitely an example of novice project management. :thumbdown:

@davidh2k and others, I'm working on the plugin to be able to get the package from a repository. David, How?

On the issue linked, it's even worse. For this version of imagemagick to work, people have to enable testing and unstable debian repos, and then, they have to do a manual imagemagick installation with compilation, as those guys didn't even support the default quality processing factor (16) and it has to be installed for 8 that they choose (notice the eight hard-coded in the library references at the posts linked) All of this to be on the dead minimum supported library version (hyper unstable)
    Those maneuvers alone are definitely a no go for OMV plugin.
    The unstable repo alone changes half Debian installation (from libc6 to the infinity) and then most of the fs plugins get crazy.

It's completely out of any mind. A madness.
    I've been talking a long of this with them, and they don't care. Debian seems to be the meaning for ubuntu packages extension.

• Oh, thats no deb file?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!