openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• @CM000n Thanks, and I hope you can enjoy it. Unfortunately I didn't understand very well your scenario.
    I got that you have a new OMV machine with MB installed. But you already had other media servers were you currently store your files. So you want to access those media from MB. I deduce that you where a windows user.

MB still is a windows program, and it expects sources as they where available to the system. The same thing applies to linux, but he's more picky with making things available to the system. So:
    You need to mount your external sources in OMV.
    And then you need to make a share on them (OMV share)
    OMV shares are not system shares as is, but inner file system sharing with it's plugins and apps.

SubZero solution it's the right path. If not, you'll have to manually mount those sources using CLI and then creating a share so you have them available to MB.

Perhaps you forgot creating that share.
    EDIT: Also don't forget to grant permissions to mediabrowser user on that sources.

• Thanks for your reply @Sergio and thanks for the solution mentioned by you, @subzero79 ;)
    I managed now to get it work with the remoteshare Plugin and loop backed smb shares.
    It seems to work fine now :)

Anyway, I was just wondering why MediaBrowser on OMV doesn't find any of my other local Network devices in the local network (even if they have public shares activated)
    But if I'm get you right Sergio, that depend on the different rights management in Linux, compared to windows?
    But maybe there is, or will be, a bit more comfortable solution for this instead of using the remoteshare Plugin?

Here are two pictures for comparison

MediaBrowser on Windows:

MediaBrowser on OpenMediaVault

• Offizieller Beitrag

That network looking doesn't work for me in Linux. I am guessing MB uses MS windows own discovery to find the shares (the capital letters accuse), it doesn't have a native service discovery. As I see it, MB will have to develop an avahi/ms-dns module to start adding samba shares by announcement which seems unnecessary if you're in control of your network and know who the clients are. Also it will need a smb sort of module, also unnecessary if you can bring the remote shares to display as local in every linux distro

• Are there plans to make this plugin work more like say the Pled plugin where it creates a folder on the array to keep all the data?

DAMONSTER - OMV 1.8 - 42TB RAID6
    XEON 1270 v3 - 16GB SAMSUNG ECC - X10SL7-F - ANTEC 1200 - HIGHPOINT 2720 - HIGHPOINT 640L - CORSAIR RM750 -

• Mhmm, sadly I have another Problem with Media Browser, and I don't know if it's because of the circumstance that MB is connected to my Media via the loop backed Remote shares, or is it because of Media Browser itself :|

But I can't download and update Pictures (no matter what kind of picrure) like Posters, Artist Thumbs, Backgrounds etc. for my Media over the Metadata Manager. Everytime I try, MediaBrowser logs me out and doesn't download the picture :( Any clue why this is happening?

..::edit::..
    Ok, I deleted and installed Media Brwoser again via the Plugin right now.
    Don't know why, but when I reinstalled it, it has automatically installed the new Beta Version of MB.

Anyway, Errorhandling seems to be much better in the new Betaversion and it doesn't log me out anymore when I try to download a picture.
    Instead I get the following error message now.
    So the error seems to be because of the loop backed remoteshare where MediaBrowser can't save anything.

• Are there plans to make this plugin work more like say the Pled plugin where it creates a folder on the array to keep all the data?

I you refer to customize the cache/temp mediabrowser from the plugin, definitely no.
    Just do it from the Media Browser admin interface.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So the error seems to be because of the loop backed remoteshare where MediaBrowser can't save anything.

Just make sure your using a privileged user to mount the share. Not the guest account for example. Also avoid the usage of ACL

For example if you mount the share in windows with the same credentials are you allowed to write?

• I don't use Windows, I don't use ACL, and yes they are mounted with privileged user rights.
    But it seems that this just won't work with remote shares :/
    Maybe I will try one of the unionfilesystems in combination with Snapraid.

• Hi,

I have the plugin installed. Everything works fine, except the subtitles on my TV. I have a smart TV samsung, and the transcoding woks fine except I cant see the subtitles. On my Pc I can see a random episode on my browser with subtitles. Anyone knows why?

• Hi,

I have the plugin installed. Everything works fine, except the subtitles on my TV. I have a smart TV samsung, and the transcoding woks fine except I cant see the subtitles. On my Pc I can see a random episode on my browser with subtitles. Anyone knows why?

MediaBrowser it's so picky with the subtitles. They may be in a format that is not supported. I had those problems with some of my content. You may ask on MediaBrowser forums.

• I warn everyone that the library responsible for showing pictures on the library it's being replaced by a new one that supposedly will be less conflictive.
    The new library version being used on testing is not supported by Debian. So at the time anyone using a testing binaries will have running problems on OMV.

This change is still not implemented on the stable MB version that was rolled yesterday, and still will delay one or two versions more to be public. And even then, I've been told that the old library will also be supported.
    Still I recommend everyone not to update immediately to the succeeding versions until I publish that those changes work on OMV.

Greetings.

• crap already updated to new MBS version.

There's no problem with this last release. Nor will be with the next.
    And after that the only issue would be some errors at the log when displaying images and the server going into fallback module for serving those files (only a bit slower)
    Don't worry.

I'm currently working on it.

• hi i have a problem with my mediabrowser plugin.

yesterday i wanted to go to the admin site with my browser and it shows a connection error. i tryed a lot and nothing solved the problem. than i deleted the plugin trough the omv webgui und did a fresh install of mediabrowser. same problem, cannot acces the admin panel with my browser.

i think mediabrowser wont start anymore. when i go to the services page in the omv webgui mediabrowser is activated, but not running. when i try to start it with the console, i have the same error. mediabrowser wont start.

anyone have an idea whats the problem? thanks very much!

• You may give us more information. From your comments could be anything from strange web server configuration to problems during installation.
    Please tell us more about your server and, shares and installation.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!