openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• Hi there,

My OMV 1.11 (64bit) runs well, I installed a few plugins like Plex, Netatalk which all work.
    Today, I just tried to install for the very first time the MediaBrowser Plugin via the omv-extras.org plugin. I went along the instructions in the beginnings of this thread. However, the installation of the openmediavault-mediabrowser 1.10.0 hangs on:

Code
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...

So I went to the terminal and tried as root to:

Code
    apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Then, to be sure that there is nothing of the MediaBrowser plugin installed accidentally, I issued:

Code
    apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-mediabrowser
    Building dependency tree       
    Package 'openmediavault-mediabrowser' is not installed, so not removed

Now I tried to install the mediabrowser-plugin manually in the terminal:

Trying to install libsqlite3-dev in order to resolve the dependencies:

So, I have no further idea at the moment how to cope with this dependency issue? Does someone have a hint for me?

Thanks in advance,
    topi

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Dear Sergio,
    thanks for the reply.
    Indeed, the mono repository was activated as the very first step, according to the instructions on page 1 of this thread. After it was not working, I activated the mono-testing repository, hoping that it might be helpful in a way. However, I did not work with the mono-repository nor with the mono-repository and the mono-testing repository activated.
    In case, a repository was temporarily down, I will try it again evening and report back.

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Dear Sergio,

I tried to install the MediaBrowser plugin again, unfortiunately with the same result.
    Wthin the OMV GUI it hangs:

Code
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...

On the terminal, it ends with a dependency problem:

Perhaps you may have another hint on how to proceed?

Thanks,
    topi

• It's strange. That library it's currently at the official Debian repos in a higher version that the required for the plugin. But seems still wanting to get an older version.
    Do you have any packages hold back?

• It looks like the control file for libsqlite3-dev is using = so does not let him upgrade to higher package. I would disable the repo that is giving him higher version or he will have to use pinning.

Topi, give results of these:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org-kralizec.list

• Dear Sergio & tekkb,

thanks for the quick replies.

There seem to be no packages held back:

Code
    apt-get update ...
    apt-get upgrade
    Building dependency tree       

cat /etc/apt/sources.list issues:

cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/omv-extras-org-kralizec.list shows:

I hope this may help to track down the issue.
    Thanks,
    topi

• It looks like the control file for libsqlite3-dev is using = so does not let him upgrade to higher package. I would disable the repo that is giving him higher version or he will have to use pinning.

Nope:  libsqlite3-dev (>= 3.7.2)

It must be that he has some dependency installed in a superior version by other plugin. + some problem at the repos.

• @topi Where are your Wheezy main repositories? That sources.list it's messed.
    You updated from a Squeeze that had the sources edited.

That's the standard file:

*BACKUP YOUR FILE PRIOR

• Also, delete contents of your sources.list and put this in instead. You can click on the little icon in upper right corner to copy contents, looks like 2 pieces of paper with folded corner. When box pops up right click and click on copy.

Then do apt-get update

PS- In OMV you never have to mess with sources.list. OMV Extras has a Custom TAB to enter repos.

• Thanks for your help Sergio & tekkb,

dpkg -l | grep sqlite issues:

Code
    rc libsqlite0 2.8.17-7 amd64 SQLite shared library
    ii libsqlite3-0:amd64 3.7.17-1~bpo60+1 amd64 SQLite 3 shared library
    ii php5-sqlite 5.4.36-0+deb7u3 amd64 SQLite module for php5

You are right, it is an update from OMV 0.5.x on Squeeze to OMV 1.x on Wheezy.

So I exchanged the contents of sources.list as you adviced.Afterwards I did an apt-get update, which starts:

Code
    apt-get update
    Ign file:  Release.gpg
    Ign file:  Release                                                                                                                    
    Ign file:  Translation-en      
    ... list of repos...
    Fetched 3218 B in 13s (238 B/s)                                                                                                       
    Creating index of upgradeable packages ...
    Creating index of OpenMediaVault plugins ...

and then apt-get upgrade:

Code
    Building dependency tree       
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded

Unfortunately the installation of the mediabrowser plugin failed again:

How should I proceed now?

Thanks,
    topi

• Hi tekbb and subzero79,
    thanks again for yoiur quick replies.

the I issued "dpkg --configure -a" which gave not any feedback , made apt-get update & apt-get upgrade. Trying again to install mediabrowser plugin:

Now I tried subzeros suggestion but used apt-get install libsqlite3-0/wheezy instead of apt-get install libsqlite3/wheezy:

Now, trying again apt-get install openmediavault-mediabrowser and yes, it seems to work now, indexing of the media files has started :)
    Thanks to Sergio, tekbb and subzero79 for your patience and your advice!

• Hi to all. First, I want to thank @Sergio for his great work by porting MediaBrowser3 to OMV. I installed the MediaBrowser Plugin today in OMV 1.12 and it seems to work fine, so far. :thumbup:

But after every praise comes criticism ;)
    I have the problem that I can't add any network paths to the Media Libarys on my OMV MediaBrowser Setup.
    With my MediaBrwoser Setup on WIndows I never had such problems.

But I realy need to add Network Paths to my Media Libarys, because I still have some MEdia that is hostet on other Network Devices and (and that is the much bigger Problem) because I use Greyhole for Storage Pooling I can't add the physical folder paths to the libarys. I need to add the smb shares instead.

After some trial and errors, I noticed on the Server Dashboard, that MediaBrowser only finds and use the external WAN Adress of my OMV Server and not the local LAN adress.
    What is causing this and can maybe someone help me with this issue?

Thanks in advance
    Simon

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can't add the physical folfer paths to the libarys. I need to add the smb shares instead.

I've noticed that in another user (maybe it was you) you can use the remote share plugin to loopback the smb mount for greyhole

In regard the other problem, Network Paths I have no idea, since i don't use the MB. But pretty sure @Sergio can help you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!