openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• Offizieller Beitrag

emby 2.0 plugin in i386 and amd64 repo. I haven't checked lately but the mono repo we use didn't have armhf packages in it. So, I don't have the omv-extras mono repos available for armhf.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ffmpeg is not compiled by the Emby team yet either. People, that means hold off on trying to install on the RPi 2. Some things are ready but others are not in place yet.

PS- I tested 32 bit and it is good to go. There is issue with the webp that I have to work out but it is running well without it. When I get time I'll try to improve the builds of all the libraries. When we get to Jessie (OMV 3.0) hopefully we will not have to build them anymore.

• Try disabling mono testing and then try to install again.

Unfortunately, this did not result in any changes. The error message persists. Btw, I have also disabled OMV-Extras Testing.

ESXi: SM X9SCA-F || Xeon E3-1220LV2 || Kingston ECC 16GB DDR3-1333 || 2x IBM M1015 (IT) || 38TB raw || Chenbro SR11269

• Alright. Let me know if you have some spare time for this. I might try some things myself. But in general I will treat it as a low priority, so don't worry about it too much ;)

ESXi: SM X9SCA-F || Xeon E3-1220LV2 || Kingston ECC 16GB DDR3-1333 || 2x IBM M1015 (IT) || 38TB raw || Chenbro SR11269

• Well, I get home from work in about 5 hours. I can send you a PM then, and we can work out the details if that time suits you :)

• *** ATTENTION ***
    If you did not initially get a good upload of metadata and images there is an easy way to redo it. The servers where the data is coming from seems to be busy at times too and this may be part of the problem. Here is how you can redo it:

/media/UUID/emby/data/library.db

You can move, copy elsewhere and delete, or just delete this library.db file from this location. Then restart the server with the restart button in the plugin. Try not to do anything while the metadata & images repopulate.

PS- I recommend people do this with missing images. Also, it does not seem to download images again that you already have but only add missing images. If you did a refresh, or advanced refresh, and have a red triangles it will get rid of that too.

• @tekkb you've done a ton of impressive stuff with this. I may have missed it a few posts back as I have only been following this thread on and off, but is Luke planning to integrate your fixes/modifications? I have been using the SuSE repos for Emby that are listed on their download page but I'm very tempted to switch to your plugin. :)

• It is running really well and the cpu issue you had before is resolved. There were many issues caused by the home directory of the emby user not being set to the working directory. The only thing I really think that is important for Luke to do is something with the restart notification button in the UI. There is a new version out but it has not been pushed to the mono zip yet.

The version that is in the Suse repo is installing a lot of unnecessary things. I was able to figure only the requisite libraries that are needed from ImageMagick. A user can still install ImageMagick with the normal quantum depth settings and it will not effect Emby, or vice versa.

You have to try the plugin. I think it speaks for itself. I will do some more improvements. It is as the point where only normal upgrades will be needed too, no more uninstalling/reinstalling.

• I'll definitely give it a go then.

Is there any easy way to preserve Emby config files if migrating from the SuSE repo to your plugin? I'm not overly familiar with where everything is stored with Emby - I've not had the chance to dig around and have a look due to long work hours at the moment.

It's not too much of a problem if not, it'll only take me 20 mins to set everything up again and alter a couple of manually edited items.

• Is there any easy way to preserve Emby config files if migrating from the SuSE repo to your plugin?

To be honest, I am really just starting to use Emby. I could speculate but I think the Emby forum is a better resource in regards to your question. I have ideas but have not tested them. Once I have I will give feedback. But I find it not that difficult to rebuild your metadata and database, unless you have an abnormally large collection.

• With any luck it should move the lot? I'm less concerned about the watch status and more concerned about metadata. Emby gets 99.99% of things right OTB, I only had to edit a couple but it would be nice to preserve that. Worst case like you say, it's not a huge effort to set things up again.

I won't have time to move everything over to your plugin until probably tomorrow evening - maybe later today but we've got a huge project that needs finishing by close of play tomorrow so we're pretty much full steam ahead with that at the moment. I'll report back when I have migrated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!