openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• Hello,

there's a stable update available for Emby (v3.0.6200).
    To update just change the link within /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/emby
    SSH to your server and enter the following command:

Code
    nano /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/emby

Chance the line

Code
    LINK="https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/latest"

into

Code
    LINK="https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/tag/3.0.6200"

With Ctrl+"O", followed by Enter save it and with Ctrl+"X" close nano-editor.

Login to your OMV-GUI, go to "Emby Server" under services and press the button "Force update" and "Start" in the opening window. Wait some seconds till it's finished and some more.
    Change the above changed "LINK" back to the original one (with the latest at the end).
    Save it again and than reboot the server. Voila after the next start you will see the updated emby server.
    My thanks for this goes to @tekkb for the description here and here.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Huberer ()

• My control panel says that there is a new version 3.1.98, stop the server and update manually.What I should do?

Why the "original" setting with
    LINK="https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/latest"

needs to be updated with a specific version? Latest isn';t the last available?

• Because of your posting I checked my emby server and saw that there's an update available - v3.0.6400 - so I made the change to the latest tag (v3.0.6400) with the necessary link. After force update I'm back on the latest release.
    Don't know why the link with .../releases/latest is not working. Anyway I know what to do.
    v3.1.98 is an old version. Just check the webside https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Is it in the repo and showing up on your plugin list?

Smart-ass reply. :p

No, it's not ready, it doesn't work, see below. :D

Code
    Reading package lists...Building dependency tree...>>> *************** Error ***************Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive; apt-get --yes --force-yes --fix-missing --allow-unauthenticated --reinstall install openmediavault-emby 2>&1': Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you haverequested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstabledistribution that some required packages have not yet been createdor been moved out of Incoming.The following information may help to resolve the situation:
    The following packages have unmet dependencies: openmediavault-emby : Depends: openmediavault (= 3.0.13) but 3.0.32 is to be installedE:Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
    <<< *************************************

About to move to OMV 3.0, running Sonarr, Emby, NZBGet on a Pentium G4520 on an AsRock B150M Pro4S and 16GB DDR4 in a Lian-Li PC-M25A case.
    Sub 10W idle power draw, thanks to SuperFlower 350W 80Plus Gold PSU.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Smart-ass reply. :p

Wasn't meant to be. I meant to say is the repo enabled and the plugin in the list? I don't add/remove every plugin to the repo and don't remember the status of every plugin. That is the easiest way to tell. Your system has an old version of the plugin that isn't compatible with the latest version of the emby plugin. That is why it won't install. The emby plugin seems ready from looking at github but I don't know what the remaining issues are.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Wasn't meant to be. I meant to say is the repo enabled and the plugin in the list? I don't add/remove every plugin to the repo and don't remember the status of every plugin. That is the easiest way to tell. Your system has an old version of the plugin that isn't compatible with the latest version of the emby plugin. That is why it won't install. The emby plugin seems ready from looking at github but I don't know what the remaining issues are.

Not sure how I have an old version of the plugin? This is a band new install, from fresh, this morning. I spun up a VM less than 3 hours ago, downloaded OMV, downloaded the omv-extras plugin, tried to install emby, failed.

Or do you mean the plugin is too old to install the current version of Emby?

About to move to OMV 3.0, running Sonarr, Emby, NZBGet on a Pentium G4520 on an AsRock B150M Pro4S and 16GB DDR4 in a Lian-Li PC-M25A case.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know where it is even getting information that the plugin exists then. There is no versions of the emby plugin in any of the OMV 3.x repos.

The plugin is not ready to run on OMV newer than version 3.0.13. There was major changes to OMV at that point that required a lot of changes to the plugin. While I think all of those changes have been made, I don't know what else needs to be done to the plugin to get it to work. I don't use or work on that plugin. So, until it is in repo, I guess you just have to wait for it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• As far as I know tekkb is still working on porting the emby plugin to the new data model. It seems that most of the work is already done, but is very busy at the moment. Just give him some time.

If you really need emby on OMV 3.x, it is pretty easy to install using the Debian Jessie packages. Otherwise I would prefer to wait for the plugin and use OMV 2.x in the meantime.

• I don't know where it is even getting information that the plugin exists then. There is no versions of the emby plugin in any of the OMV 3.x repos.

The plugin is not ready to run on OMV newer than version 3.0.13. There was major changes to OMV at that point that required a lot of changes to the plugin. While I think all of those changes have been made, I don't know what else needs to be done to the plugin to get it to work. I don't use or work on that plugin. So, until it is in repo, I guess you just have to wait for it.

Then there's an error somewhere, because as I said this is a brand new install with no legacy nonsense going on. Emby 3.3 plugin is in the "Multimedia" section of the plugin list, and the omv-extras is the only repo I have installed.

I only have Stable omv-extras.org, and mono repo turned on in the omv-extras control panel.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von HellDiverUK () aus folgendem Grund: Edit: removed the omv-extras testing repo

• Offizieller Beitrag

Must be a bintray bug in how they create their package files then. I deleted the packages a while ago but it left them in the packages file. I just deleted the versions folders. Maybe that will remove it.

• Been busy with my daughter. She needed 3k in dental work for one. She's been to the dentist 4 times in the last 30 days. I've been shopping so much it is driving me crazy. She starts school next week. I'll have more time then.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@tekkb not sure if it helps but I was able to install emby without adding the mono repos but adding the emby repos following this guide. Seems better than adding the mono repos and downloading the emby zip from github. Would get automatic updates then too.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't recommend upgrading right now. Too many things need to be fixed after upgrading.

• By following this how-to here.

Instead of inserting the line mentioned in the thread you can insert this link:

Code
    LINK="https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby/releases/tag/3.1.156"

so you can install this latest pre-release. If you want to upgrade to another pre-release you have to do it again by chancing the necessary link which you can find here. Just click on the release you need and in the address field of the browser copy the whole address into emby (like above).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!