openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• It is faster now. There have been improvements in sqlite. It is working really well. I was watching movies remotely at my gfs this weekend and it was working great. Had to manually set the bitrate in the client settings as the auto setting was too low. There are many other improvements too. The anomalies in the UI are gone. It is playing all my ripped files now. It is running better than Plex IMO. Pretty stoked about it.

Fixed that file path in case anyone else needs to do the same. Thanks!

• @tekkb

Nope did not "create" all those files by myself my music library is like 150gb ;)

Just was curious if someone else is experiencing the same problems, because before the recent updates everything was working fine.
    It's not a big problem for me if music is not working anymore, was just curious ;)

• @schlupp I would test with one of the other media players. My files are working fine. Whatever media player I am using I always restart it after adding new media. Most will do a scan of the media after restarting and you will see if the service crashes right away if there is a issue with any newly added media. I suspect it will just be a few files causing the problems for you. But it is strange that it worked fine before and now there is an issue. There seem to be some people reporting crashing on the emby forums. If possible try to separate the flac and mp3s. Try testing again with just one of the formats at a time. See if they both crash.

• Hello also from me..

Just reverted to emby from Plex and i am observing the logs where during the browsing of my pictures i see the below error:

Not sure of the impact of it.
    Is there something i should worry about? is there something i can do for this?

• I'm having an issue with emby not finding any media on scan, i have it setup for a TV library pointed at a properly structured TV media folder (/media/<uuid>/Media/Video/TV/Show Name/Season ##/Show Name S##E## [mediainfo].ext). It doesn't find anything on it's own and even a manual scan just kinda gives up before it even starts it seems.

It shouldn't be a permissions issue, i've added the emby user to the users group and even just went through and chmod 777'd everything in my media folder and it still doesn't find anything. Everything's completely up to date as well.

Any idea's on what the problem is?

• @mcgyver83 You are limited to moving the database folder to one of your data volumes. The folder was created by the emby application and is moved from it's default location at /var/lib. Plugins cannot allow infinite options and decisions, limitations, have to be made. Purpose of the plugin is to make install easy/fast for people.

@The_Catman Did you take a look at this Guide?

How to make a good Media share for Emby and PlexMediaServer

It could be naming issue or file format issue as well.

• @tekkb, yeah, i read that while trying to sort out my problem. My Media share was already set up that way and like i said, i even went and set 777 permissions recursively on everything in the media folder and added emby to the users group so it should really be able to access it all regardless.

Paths and file names are all like i said in my previous comment, a structure and naming pattern that should be appropriate for emby, and they're all standard mkv, avi, and mp4 files. If anything like that was the problem i would expect it to at least find some of the files, but like i said, it's finding nothing at all, doesn't even look like it's trying.

• Maybe it's a stupid question but is it possible that Emby and PMS share the same (media-)folders? I only want to use emby for scraping the video-files to use with kodi.
    Thanks in advance

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Thanks for the info. Just to be clear, you mean with library the folders where your videos are stored and not the library where e.g. PMS saves his settings?

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

• @Huberer Take a look at this guide. The same media share setup with this will work with emby and PMS.

How to make a good Media share for Emby and PlexMediaServer

@mcgyver83 You should not have that many processes. With the RPi 2 you need a version of ffmpeg that works with ARM and emby. Did you follow a guide somewhere to build ffmpeg or ?? I build the other packages and designed the plugin to work with arm. But an emby compatible ffmpeg is needed.

• Thanks, I already saw this thread but I wasn't sure if both (PMS and Emby) can use the same shares. Under my PMS the shares and scraping work perfect.
    Now I know that both programs can use the same shares. Thanks anyway

• I'm using the ffmpeg version that is already installed (by who??? :) ) I tried the arm ffmpeg compilation but I need e bigger sd.
    Do you think that the processes number is created by ffmpeg?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is the plugin OMV3 ready? ;)

Is it in the repo and showing up on your plugin list?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!