openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• ooops ... sry ...
    u r using zfs ...
    this might be the difference ...
    I'm using snapraid and aufs ...
    In my case all drives except the aufs-pool are shown by emby ...

but I also would prefer to set the network the network path here in order to get rid of the path substituion

actual config:

snapraidpool : /media/uuid/storage
    smb-share : /storage --> /media/uuid/storage (the snapraidpool)
    subfolders for movies, tv-shows, documentations etc.
    resulting network-path : \\192.168.123.50\storage\movies

local stats to storage

Code
    root@mynas:/media# stat /media/f7cbd576-ea8b-48e8-a535-ac340ae7e6f5/storage/
      Datei: „/media/f7cbd576-ea8b-48e8-a535-ac340ae7e6f5/storage/“
      Größe: 4096           Blöcke: 8          EA Block: 4096   Verzeichnis
    Gerät: 841h/2113d       Inode: 55836673    Verknüpfungen: 15
    Zugriff: (0777/drwxrwxrwx)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (  100/   users)
    Zugriff    : 2016-04-10 20:34:29.387638860 +0200
    Modifiziert: 2016-04-02 00:46:20.518308133 +0200
    Geändert   : 2016-04-02 00:46:20.518308133 +0200
     Geburt    : -

access problems for emby server process
    tried also :

Code
    usermod -a -G users emby

no changes ...

running OMV 2.2.1
    with : SnapRAID - AUFS - TVheadend

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von El Muchacho ()

• @tekkb

Code
    root@mynas:~# ls -la /var/lib/emby
    ls: Zugriff auf /var/lib/emby nicht möglich: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

I'm running aufs instead of mergerfs due to strange performance problems ...
    mergerfs was unbelieveable slow on OMV 2.2.1

And for sure: I followed ur given link before posting the issue ;)

actual setting:
    - I've pooled the three snapraid-data-hdd to the aufs-pool "snapraidpool"
    - I've created a shared folder named "storage" there and shared this one in samba as "storage"
    From a win-client i can browse \\mynas\storage or \\192.168.123.50\storage
    I've created some folders underneath "storage" ... f.e. filme, serien, dokus ...

Wasn't this correct?

running OMV 2.2.1

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von El Muchacho ()

• Something was wrong with my access rights. By default the user "emby" is in the group "nogroup".

After "chown root:nogroup -R /mediatank/movies" I got into the directory "/mediatank/movies/movies/dvd" with the wizard where all my dvd movies reside. After building path substitutions I could access my media with emby clients (emby theatre, emby classic for wmc and emby for ipad).

But I didn't want the folder to be in group "nogroup". I prefer the group "users" for my media folders. Found this from you @tekkb here in the forum:

Emby spielt keine Videos ab, zeigt keine Bilder an

I think that is what I was looking for and at least it works for me. :D

At the moment everthing works as expected, yehaaaa: zfs, emby and vdr

Now I want to do some changes in my old movie naming structure before scanning the whole library with emby. I will report here.

hoppel118 In the Emby UI when you add a library can you show me the paths that you have to choose from???

My media pathes look like this.

Code
    /mediatank/movies/movies/bluray/movie 1
    /mediatank/movies/movies/bluray/movie 2
    /mediatank/movies/movies/dvd/movie 1
    /mediatank/movies/movies/dvd/movie 2
    /mediatank/music/music/album
    /mediatank/music/music/artist/album 1
    /mediatank/music/music/artist/album 2
    /mediatank/pictures/pictures/yyyymmdd - name 1
    /mediatank/pictures/pictures/yyyymmdd - name 2

It's the following sturcture:

/mediatank -> zfs pool
    /mediatank/movies -> mountpoint of zfs filesystem
    /mediatank/movies/movies -> smb share
    /mediatank/movies/movies/... -> my own structure

In this way it's possible to configure every smb share (respective zfs filesystem) with its own zfs features (snapshots, quotas, recordsize, compression, etc.). Some zfs features can be inherited from the pool, for example "global lz4 compression". I am new to zfs, but until now I realy like it. Even after a fresh installation of omv it was an easy one-click to import the existing pool with the omv webui. ;)

You can also look at the screenshot for a path example.

Is it possible to get the network path to work with zfs?

Grreting Hoppel

Bilder

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Your media shares should not be in nogroup. What is important is the chmod value for others. When you set privileges you want the others group to be read only. That is all media servers normally need is to be able to read files. When you create a shared folder the default value for others is read only. Look at the drop down when you create a shared folder.

When your media shares are on same machine as your media server you do not use a network path. If you have another machine that has shares on it you need to use the remote share plugin to mount it on your OMV. Then you will have a path you can reach without using a network path.

This link you give hoppel is only if you want to write meta data to the media share folders. A lot of people don't want this and just want the meta data in the database for a given media server. I don't like meta data from a given media server putting files in my folders because I am always using/testing several media servers. I don't want one media servers data to be interfering with another media servers. And I don't want to have to ever go through thousands of folders to remove it. Yes, I would write a script to do but it is a pain.

Maybe @subzero79 will answer all your ZFS questions....

• Offizieller Beitrag

@ryecoaaron Please build new version 3.1 and get it in the repo. The restart button was not working. Had to update for systemd. Already did changelog and fix.

Done.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Do this for me in command line:
    updatedb
    locate ffmpeg

as u like, @tekkb ;)

but for ur info: I do always an "updatedb" before running "locate" ;)

And right now it is working after deinstalling dansguardian ;)
    I don't know how dansguardian breaks the emby-install ?! It should only be used by privoxy and not directly filtering network-traffic ...

running OMV 2.2.1

• @El Muchacho The last time you gave results it was not showing anything at the default location /var/lib/ffmpeg. It was like it had moved it and you did not run a updatedb. It looks like everything is setup correctly. So you have no issues with AUFS now??? Never used Dansguardian so can't be much help there.

• Currently running...
    local aufs pool is not shown directly.
    I need to enter /media and then it comes up.
    With additionally path substitution it works in Kodi too.

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk

running OMV 2.2.1

• So you have no issues with AUFS now???

to declare it a little bit more:

by adding a new library the default options from emby are:

/
    /media/uuid1
    /media/uuid2
    /media/uuid3
    /media/uuid4
    /media/uuid5
    network

"/media/aufs-pool-uuid" is missing ...

looks like emby shows only drives with uuid from fstab

by entering "/media" maually i see the aufs-pool-uuid and can choose it.
    and it works inside emby ...

but network is not usable in my setup
    emby has no permissions to enter \\192.168.123.50\storage\filme
    so I always need to add a path-substitution for every library

but so far it works for me ... enough for testing emby, i think ;)

running OMV 2.2.1

• Your media shares should not be in nogroup. What is important is the chmod value for others. When you set privileges you want the others group to be read only. That is all media servers normally need is to be able to read files. When you create a shared folder the default value for others is read only. Look at the drop down when you create a shared folder.

The group for my media shares is "users" and the chmod value is "775" now. Everthing works as expected.

When your media shares are on same machine as your media server you do not use a network path. If you have another machine that has shares on it you need to use the remote share plugin to mount it on your OMV. Then you will have a path you can reach without using a network path.

Now I understand the concept behind the path substitution. This works fine with my zfs filesystems. Openmediavault, zfs and emby represent a great combination. On the one hand it's possible to stream the movies (audio-passthrough of dts-hd master works fine) with kodi and emby theatre directly from the samba shares and on the other hand emby transcodes the streams for all my mobile devices. Perfect!

This link you give hoppel is only if you want to write meta data to the media share folders. A lot of people don't want this and just want the meta data in the database for a given media server. I don't like meta data from a given media server putting files in my folders because I am always using/testing several media servers. I don't want one media servers data to be interfering with another media servers. And I don't want to have to ever go through thousands of folders to remove it. Yes, I would write a script to do but it is a pain.

Maybe @subzero79 will answer all your ZFS questions....

Yes, I want to write my metadata to the share folders, because in the past I allways did it this way. ;) At the moment I don't need to test several media servers. What is an alternative for emby? Plex, no, not for me. I am happy with emby and the emby plugins for kodi.

Thank you very much for your great support and the really fast portation of emby to omv3beta.

Now, I know how to setup the complete system (initial omv installation, importing the zfs pool, configuring smart, vdr and emby). If the omv3beta gets broken it's not the problem to set up the complete system. At the moment it's fantastic! :D

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Just a warning guys... If you see an upgrade to OMV 3.0.15 do not do it right away. Emby has to be upgraded again to work with this newer version of OMV. Some major changes coming and all the plugins need to be updated for it. Ask here if Emby is ready before you upgrade to this version of OMV 3.0.15.

• Thanks for the Information!

• @tekkb but OMV 3.0.15 is not releas now?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!