openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• Don't worry. I will get the plugin updated. Again we are directing people to this message.

Openmediavault 3.x - Important Information!

Yeah, I know omv 3 is beta, but how I said I need the backports kernel.

When do you think, it would be possible to test the emby-plugin on omv 3?

Worth it to wait up? Otherwise I would check the direct installation to the omv debian jessie base system.

Regards Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• @tekkb make a break and relax ;)
    after you can do it with 150% power :D

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• I won't even be home til Sunday. In Florida on vacation. I will try to take a look then if I have time.

Thanks for investigating your time. Have a nice weekend.

Greetings from Germany Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @happyreacer I got sick in Florida so I doubt I'll be at 150% LOL Some weird bug going around down there. I'll look at Emby plugin tomorrow.

libmono-cil-dev:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 4.2.3.4-0xamarin2

cli-common-dev:
    Candidate: 0.9+nmu1

libsqlite3-dev:
    Candidate: 3.8.7.1-1+deb8u1

libgdiplus:
    Candidate: 3.12-0xamarin1+jpeg62.1

libtiff4 (???)

libxext6:
    Installed: 2:1.3.3-1
    Candidate: 2:1.3.3-1

unzip, curl, sudo

• First start of Emby on OMV3.x. Still things to do. Maybe in 2 weeks or less. This is running from an older version of ImageMagick than we have on the OMV 2.x plugin. I don't know yet if I will build a newer version. We see how it runs. Initial performance looks good. Have to make changes and port plugin now.

• Dependencies OMV 3.x:
    openmediavault (>= 3.0),
    libmono-cil-dev
    cli-common-dev
    libsqlite3-dev
    libgdiplus
    imagemagick
    unzip
    curl
    sudo

adjust this in mkconf:
    <dllmap dll="CORE_RL_Wand_.dll" target="libMagickWand-6.Q16.so.2" os="linux"/>

and systemd adjustments...

PS- If anyone was worried don't be. This is going to be easy compared to the OMV 2.x plugin.

• This is going to be easy compared to the OMV 2.x plugin.

I am quite happy to read this and wait patiently until I can test your first omv 3.x plugin. :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Done.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• problem is still alive ...
    can't install emby on 2.x ...
    think, ffmpeg download fails ... but didn't found why ;(

Code
    root@mynas:~# locate ffmpeg
    /var/lib/emby/ffmpeg
    /var/lib/emby/ffmpeg/20160215

folder 20160215 is empty ;(

running OMV 2.2.1
    with : SnapRAID - AUFS - TVheadend

• @El Muchacho Try purging and reinstalling...

apt-get purge openmediavault-emby
    apt-get purge emby

Then try reinstalling from the plugin section. Before you do do an "apt-get update" and make sure you don't have any errors.

I am slow to answer for next few days. Working on stuff...

• New version ready for testing in OMV 3. It is kind of a hybrid right now, between sysvinit and systemd. But systemd can run sysvinit packages. I did some updating to the old init script. There are reasons I decided to still use it. The unit files in systemd do not give me as much control as the start-stop-daemon. I looked at what Hernandez was doing over in the Emby development group and he is using ExecStart to start a script. He is dealing with same issues. But systemd runs init scripts fine. I have not tested installing the package. But most of the files I copied over from my vm were running really stable, better than in OMV 2.x. After I do a bit of testing as a package I will have Aaron put it in the repo.

@ryecoaaron It is working. Please build package and get it in the mono repo.

PS- I recommend you always install plugins via the plugin section. If you happen to install via command line most of the time you will need to run a "apt-get -f install" command.

• If you restart Emby and your media is not showing up clear your browser cache and then rescan the library in the Emby UI. I think this happens if you restart the server too soon (i.e. if it is not done scanning or downloading meta data). Could be because of cached data from prior install for me too.

• A quick way to reinstall Emby and start from scratch without reinstalling the plugin. Stop the emby service, "systemctl stop emby", and then delete all the folders in this path:
    /media/uuid/emby/
    Then "systemctl start emby" and it will recreate everything from scratch and you will get the first setup wizard

See picture.. Also, the new filemin, file manger in webmin, makes it really easy to navigate around to various locations. See the dropdown with the bookmarks... Nice!

• Great, that was really fast.

I patiently wait for the package in the mono repo.

Thanks for the reinstallation tip.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

3.0 is in the erasmus-mono repo now.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi guys,

the plugin shows up in the multimedia section. Fantastic!

Tried to install but get the following message:

So I had a look to apt-cache on the command line:

Code
    root@mediatank:~# apt-cache show package | grep Version
    E: Keine Pakete gefunden
    root@mediatank:~# apt-cache show libmono-cil-dev | grep Version
    Version: 4.2.3.4-0xamarin2
    Version: 3.2.8+dfsg-10

Code
    root@mediatank:~# apt-cache show cli-common-dev | grep Version
    Version: 0.9+nmu1
    Version: 0.9~xamarin1

The versions are ok.

So I tried to install the packages manually.

And so on... Where is the problem with the dependencies?

Greeting Hoppel

• When you installed manually did you add another source for mono package??? You should completely uninstall the other packages and remove that source.

Those dependencies you are missing are installed on my virtual machine so I think this is conflict with your prior install of mono.

I normally purge mono like this:
    apt-get purge mono*
    apt-get purge libmono*

I think that gets rid of most of the packages. Purge this too if it is not uninstalled:
    cli-common-dev

Give me more information on how you installed before if you still have problems @hoppel118.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!