openmediavault-emby plugin (formerly mediabrowser)

• I installed the flash plugin pretty rapidly, but it may not have been the absolute first thing i did.

It was a years old USB i was given for free from a vendor so that probably isn't the highest quality.

Thanks for the help, will re-install on a slightly better one and see how things last.

• Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm receiving the following error when attempting to install the plugin:

Can someone please point me in the right direction here? I'm a bit of a newbie with OMV/linux, but I've managed to install sab/cp/sickbeard without issues.

It looks like the plugin is trying to install from the incorrect github location. I have read the last few pages but I haven't managed to fix the issue. I also can't upgrade, it also has what appears to be an incorrect path.

Note: I had tried to install emby via CLI before realising there was a plugin, so that may have also messed something up. Thanks in advance.

• Thanks. I've tried your suggestion and get the following:

Code
    root@openmediavault:~# apt-get purge openmediavault-mediabrowser
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package 'openmediavault-mediabrowser' is not installed, so not removed
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

I then tried installing the plugin and running the purge. It removes it, however when I try to install again it keeps trying to use the told GitHub location. Hmmmm. Any other ideas?

I'm just installing the plugin from omv plugins.

• Btw, when I try to install the plugin it's via omv and when I tried to re-install it's the same error as previous.

Tried editing my post to include this but the forum kept giving me an error.

• As I mentioned I'm a little green on this. Do I not use the plugin in the omv-extras repo? This is the only version showing up in there.

Or, do I need to install from CLI? Sorry to be pain.

• Purge it, you are using the old plugin. You need to install openmediavault-emby.

apt-get purge openmediavault-mediabrowser

Then install the new one.

Sorry it took so long to reply, work and family been keeping me busy...

So after doing what you said plus messing with my pins a bit and switching mono off after purge update and reboot then back on and update... It finally installed and is running, but it takes a lot of resources to run it, so app loading on my phone is slow lol. Any idea on how to speed it up, or is it just this way?

Modpic.gif

Dell Precision T3500
    Processor:
    Intel Core i7 960 @3.2ghz
    Memory:
    26GB RAM
    Kernel: Linux 5.10.0-0.bpo.9-amd64
    Version: 5.6.2-1 (Usul) Debian Buster [From Fresh Install of 5]

• I have disabled the mono library and have re-enabled it. I also just updated OVM as it was showing an update (that wasn't showing previously). I went back to plugins and emby is now showing. Prior to this it did not show at all.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!