PlexConnect port conflict

• So I was wondering what is the best procedure for the following situation:

Running OMV 1.0, web interface defaults to port 80/443, want to run PlexConnect which ``must`` attach to those ports. Is there a way to have PlexConnect running alongside the web interface without changing the interface's ports? I was thinking maybe in a VM or something of the sorts but I am unsure that is the best way to go.

Appreciate any advice!
    Thanks in advance

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi there , I run plexconnect. There's no need to attach to those ports (80, 443) for plexconnect. You can override that with an iptables rule omv and change the settings in plexconnect (port 9393 and 9394). The ip ending in .21 is my appletv.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 10.10.10.21 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 9393
    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 10.10.10.21 -p tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to-port 9394

Tell me how it goes. BTW applying these rules will only last until reboot.

• The ip ending in .21 is my appletv.

This means only your AppleTV is able to connect via PlexConnect?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat

You mean to get more atv2/3 inside lan connected to plexconnect? If is that i guess you can add more rules pointing to their source ip address. I don't have an extra one to test
    BTW atv2 know that trailers.apple.com is at my omv because I've edited the host file inside.

• So I understood correctly. You should note that this blocks the Webinterface Access, from that particular machine(s).

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Why don´t you just change the WebIF ports from OMV?

If you do not want it this way, yes, a VM would help here. Then you have IP1:80 and IP2:80

Yes, I know I can change the ports but ideally I would have my http:// omv . ip . address / go to the web interface and changing it from port 80 breaks that. The VM way although a possibility feels like overkill as I would spin it up only for plexconnect so also not ideal.

Hi there , I run plexconnect. There's no need to attach to those ports (80, 443) for plexconnect. You can override that with an iptables rule omv and change the settings in plexconnect (port 9393 and 9394). The ip ending in .21 is my appletv.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 10.10.10.21 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 9393
    iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s 10.10.10.21 -p tcp --dport 443 -j REDIRECT --to-port 9394

Tell me how it goes. BTW applying these rules will only last until reboot.

This is what I was after!!!! Thanks you so much! Will let you know how it goes. Why cant this be persisten through reboots?

Greetings
    David

There is no need to have access to omv from the atv. It isnt even possible to do it from atv3 anyway so that is a moot point. Ana yes, you would only want the AppleTV to have access to plexconnect since no other computer/software would benefit from it anyway.

• A program to make Plex content available on a locked device, ATV, without hacking it. Really?

It is you that did not read all the posts above or did not understand them.

• Seb, he is just clueless to what I am talking about. I was teasing David.

Yep I think I was clueless anyway the IPTABLE stuff worked perfectly!
    Out of curiosity, do any of you know why I cant set rerouting rules through the web gui firewall's tab? Or is there a way and I just missed it?

• At this location tell me if you have both an openmediavault file and an iptables file???

/etc/network/if-pre-up.d

When you enter a rule in the OMV web-gui which file is it being written to??? Look inside the files after you add a rule.

In OMV 1 the rules from the web-gui should be written to the openmediavault file. On my system the are going to iptables cuz of edit I did.
    I want to make sure your rules are going to the openmediavault file.

• Modifications from the web gui went to: openmediavault-iptables
    These are the files in there:

Code
    root@NAS:/etc/network/if-pre-up.d# ls
    ethtool  ifenslave  openmediavault-iptables  wireless-tools

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!