openmediavault-pxe first version now available for testing

• Hi David,

That ISO is a year old. I wouldn't mind adding it to the PXE repo.

Correct me if I am wrong but the last free version of Parted Magic was 2013_08_01. Is that the version you are talking about? This version was released with a very destructive USB corruption bug in the Linux kernel. I would not recommend it.

gparted works with TFTP over here, and I wouldn't say it is that slow.

I will go back and add it after I have refreshed the templates. :)

ShadowZero -- OMV Fan since 0.3

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von shadowzero ()

• I have some strange behaviour when I use the plugin. When I download the preconfigured images the entries are not entered properly as you can see in the image. Any idea what causes this? Furthermore, when I look in the configfile pxelinux.cfg/default it looks like this:

Do you guys have any idea what causes this?

• Sorry that is my fault. When I 1st started working on the templates I had used some previous configs I had on another OMV machine. I will go back and refresh the template. In the meantime I will post what is should be shortly.

Edit: I need to go back and refresh my previous templates that I provided. Sorry about that. X/ I will work on them as fast as possible! The MENU LABEL option I used was in my previous OMV machine for multiple menus. Because of that, it is creating a line mismatch with the templates when you add them. It's a simple fix. But hey, that's what testing is for ;) But shame on me for not auditing my code better with the plugin! :/ It did work... on the other machine. Oh well, can't be right all the time. ^^ That's also what happens when your working on these late at night and you feel cross-eyed from staring at code in multiple tabs at once. 8|

So back to qiwi84. Here is the information that you need. You do not need to re-download the template. Just edit these changes in the entry. Be sure to replace the IP Address and NFS export with your settings.

KERNEL:

Code
    linuxmint/rebecca xfce/live/x86_64/casper/vmlinuz

APPEND:

Code
    root=/dev/nfs boot=casper netboot=nfs nfsroot=<Your_IP_Address>:<Your_NFS_Export>/linuxmint/rebecca xfce/live/x86_64 initrd=linuxmint/rebecca xfce/live/x86_64/casper/initrd.lz nosplash --

I will also refresh the memtest86+ template. It will be a quick one to fix. If you want to fix that template, just edit these changes in the entry.
    MENU:

Code
    Memtest86+

KERNEL:

Code
    KERNEL memtest/memtest86

APPEND should be blank with a space inserted.

If anyone else runs into a problem with the templates I provided, please feel free to contact me and I will help get it right until I get all the templates refreshed.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von shadowzero ()

• On a plus side, I have added new templates for Clonezilla and SystemRescueCD. :D They should be correct as I made the configs using the PXE plugin. Once they are added, please test them. I have refreshed the GParted templates but they will need to be added as well. I did cleanup on the name of the templates so they would be easier to read.

EDIT: The Memtest86+ template has been refreshed.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von shadowzero ()

• Hi i will just tell you what a greate job you are doing and i really like this idea but i am having the same problem as "qiwi84".

The menu config does not seem to be writen to the file in the right way and i think there is missing something.

I got the Clonezilla to work with this:
    This is written in the Group:

Code

This is written in the LABLE:

Code
    Clonezilla 2.3.2-22 i586 Live

This is written in the MENU:

Code
    Clonezilla Live (Ramdisk)

This is written in the KERNEL:

Code
    clonezilla/2.3.2-22/live/x86_32_i586/vmlinuz

This is written in the APPEND:

Code
    initrd=clonezilla/2.3.2-22/live/x86_32_i586/initrd.img boot=live config noswap nolocales edd=on nomodeset ocs_live_run="ocs-live-general" ocs_live_extra_param="" keyboard-layouts="" ocs_live_batch="no" locales="" vga=788 nosplash noprompt fetch=tftp://$serverIP/clonezilla/2.3.2-22/live/x86_32_i586/live/filesystem.squashfs

The $serverIP is my ip on my tftpserver

But great work. :thumbup:

• This is written in the MENU:
    Source Code

Clonezilla Live (Ramdisk)

Erm, Sky, did you write that to MENU? The MENU tab is for something completely different!!!

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I just checked gparted (by mistake) and you set a MENU there...

Code
    LABEL GParted 0.21.0-1 x86_32_i586 Live
        MENU GParted
        KERNEL gparted/0.21.0-1/live/x86_32_i586/vmlinuz
        APPEND initrd=gparted/0.21.0-1/live/x86_32_i586/initrd.img config union=aufs noswap noprompt vga=788 netboot=nfs nfsroot=<Your_IP_Address>:<Your_NFS_Export>/gparted/0.21.0-1/live/x86_32_i586 --

The MENU field is NOT for naming the entry in any way. It's used in example to password protect an entry!

Edit: You also have the similiar error in clonezilla:

Code
    LABEL Clonezilla 2.3.2-22 i586 Live
        MENU Clonezilla 
        KERNEL clonezilla/2.3.2-22/live/x86_32_i586/vmlinuz
        APPEND initrd=clonezilla/2.3.2-22/live/x86_32_i586/initrd.img boot=live union=aufs config noswap nolocales edd=on nomodeset ocs_live_run="ocs-live-general" ocs_live_extra_param="" keyboard-layouts="" ocs_live_batch="no" locales="" vga=788 nosplash noprompt netboot=nfs nfsroot=<Your_IP_Address>:<Your_NFS_export>/clonezilla/2.3.2-22/live/x86_32_i586

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Just to make me self clear.

I wrote all of the things in the "Source Code" manually to get i to work.

When i used the templates, it downloaded the files as it should.
    But the Entries it made in the config files looked like "qiwi84"'s picture.

• Let Shadowzero fix the mistake with the MENU entry, I think it should be fine then, but I have the feeling that the tabstop could confuse omv-mkconf pxe too...

Greetings
    David

• debian_jessie_rc1_netinst_x86_* now available (untested)

Greetings
    David

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

• New images available:

Code
    debian_jessie_rc1_netinst_arm64.tar.gz
    debian_jessie_rc1_netinst_armhf.tar.gz
    debian_jessie_rc1_netinst_x86_32.tar.gz
    debian_jessie_rc1_netinst_x86_64.tar.gz
    debian_sid_netinst_arm64.tar.gz
    debian_sid_netinst_armhf.tar.gz
    debian_sid_netinst_x86_32.tar.gz
    debian_sid_netinst_x86_64.tar.gz

All of them are untested from my side, pardon me if I missed to change a bit in a config file.

Greetings
    David

• I have fixed the templates for Clonezilla, GParted, SystemRescueCD, and Memtest86+. I did a test downloading the GParted i586 template and it worked. I will add the updates for Linux Mint later.

• First test for one of my new images failed to add the config (and also deleted my custom pxe config files), but I'm not certain yet where the problem is.

Greetings
    David

• I'll try them out and see if I run into the same problem.

Edit: I tried Jessie RC1 x86_32 and x86_64 both worked for me. For Sid x86_32 you have RC1 in the label.

Zitat

LABEL Debian Sid RC1 Netinstall

For Sid x86_64 you have it the same as Jessie RC1 x86_64.

Zitat

LABEL Debian Jessie RC1 Netinstall x86_64
    KERNEL debian/jessie_rc1/netinstall/x86_64/linux
    APPEND vga=normal initrd=debian/jessie_rc1/netinstall/x86_64/initrd.gz --quiet

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von shadowzero ()

• I just added a couple of the new PXE Images and now I can't access the OMV web gui... I got a couple email notifications saying:

Does not exist Service omv-engined
    Execution failed Service omv-engined

Any thoughts on how to fix this...?

This happend just after adding the UBCD image...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!