[transmission] Torrent(s) added but won't start

• Ok So I'm really new to OMV and don't have a lot of Linux experience. The issue I'm having is I have got the bit-torrent plugin to install and configure but all of my downloads just sit at a stopped state. I can't seem to start any of them. I tried to do a couple of quick searches and can't seem to come up with anything. Everything looks right but I don't know what I'm looking for to see if anything is wrong. All I know is I don't have any errors and I haven't seen any errors.

• I would guess it's a permissions issue. Make sure that debian-transmission has read and write permissions in your download folder.

Also, most external clients shows the error to why it isn't downloading. So search for transmission remote client and see if you find any :)

• I would guess it's a permissions issue. Make sure that debian-transmission has read and write permissions in your download folder.

Also, most external clients shows the error to why it isn't downloading. So search for transmission remote client and see if you find any :)

I've tried to find where to give transmission read/rwrite access but I can't find where I can do this in OMV?

• Hi,

The only thing that you should need is, go to your user, edit and check debian-transmission group, so your user makes part of that group.
    Then verify that debian-transmission or your user has privileges to write in the folder.
    (What i do is configure a folder in transmission, so he creates the folder were he is going to write.)

• Hi,

The only thing that you should need is, go to your user, edit and check debian-transmission group, so your user makes part of that group.
    Then verify that debian-transmission or your user has privileges to write in the folder.
    (What i do is configure a folder in transmission, so he creates the folder were he is going to write.)

I'm not sure if Im doing it right. But I get this error message:

• You should edit your USER and add it to the debian-transmission group, and not edit the ACL of your filesystem...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• You should edit your USER and add it to the debian-transmission group, and not edit the ACL of your filesystem...

Greetings
    David

I really can't make it work, now I went in Users, Edit my own user (the only one I have). I ticked the debian-transmission and pressed save. No difference. Torrent is stopped happens almost immidiatly!

• I really can't make it work, now I went in Users, Edit my own user (the only one I have). I ticked the debian-transmission and pressed save. No difference. Torrent is stopped happens almost immidiatly!

As I said before, either the debian-transmission user or group needs permission to the download directory. Fix this in the ACL window for the shared folder (you can find the user group under "System users/groups"). Adding a user to the debian-transmission group only makes it possible for the user to read and write files belonging to that group.

• No I don't get any error. The torrent just stops instantly. No files created or anything.

• As I said before, either the debian-transmission user or group needs permission to the download directory. Fix this in the ACL window for the shared folder (you can find the user group under "System users/groups"). Adding a user to the debian-transmission group only makes it possible for the user to read and write files belonging to that group.

You say fix this in the ACL window for the shared folder. This is what I do, I give debian-transmission Read/write, and I get this, as I said before:

• You say fix this in the ACL window for the shared folder. This is what I do, I give debian-transmission Read/write, and I get this, as I said before:

I can't see the full message, but I'm going on a hunch here: is the drive with that shared folder formatted as an NTFS drive (doesn't support ACL)? If that's the case, try setting read write for "Others" in the ACL window. :)

• I am having the "same" issue but I have dug in deeper still with little luck

what I have done this time around is
    fresh install OMV 1.0.29
    setup + mounted a 2 TB H/D as "server" using EXT4 (drive works)
    installed OMV extras 1.0.16
    from there installed transmissionBT 1.0.8
    using OMV web GUI set my download destination to [download] server/media
    add Torrent and @ 4 MB (first write) I get the same permission denied error I found the write folder is
    /media/b04f303a-1e49-4067-8b6a-7704c9d7b7a9/media/download/
    the DRIVE in Media does NOT exist at all but the Media folder has a different number and if I change the download destination in Transmissions web GUI manually to the proper one it works and downloads the file
    wrong one
    /media/b04f303a-1e49-4067-8b6a-7704c9d7b7a9/media/download/
    /media/9ceb15a3-f944-43e6-a930-53f5c3455998/download//
    lower is the "right" one and works
    system has a 60 GB system drive and a 2 TB data drive ONE partisan EACH drive

Zitat

9ceb15a3-f944-43e6-a930-53f5c3455998 cdrom usb usb0

LS of media
    I have change permissions manually up to and including in console every directory from "media" to download using CHMOD 777 and that made NO difference
    I also tried to "CD" to the directory that transmission insists on downloading to with console saying it does NOT exist

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!