Temperature CPU?

• I've completely removed openmediavault-sensors and lm-sensors and reinstalled them a couple times. Not sure if a recent kernel change has borked the stats, but I'm not getting ANYTHING now.

Also, it looks as if omv-sensors-detect has some "output" discrepancies at the very end of the script.

• @NeeZ Check the download manager packages and after save und commit you will see the Update.

To my problem. I got the Supermicro X9SBAA-F Board/CPU.

I installed sensors and the graphs didnt work, they didnt show up, only the "sad face" graph symbol.

2nd question
    Is there a way to get a hddtemp graph?

• @BarbeWire
    Before I can add your sensors into the plugin I need to know what ones are CPU temps and what one is for motherboard/system temp.
    Your temp1 (normally CPU) looks high compared to the coretemp-isa-0000 value of the cores. Looking at the other temp values, temp5 and temp6 look to be in range.

Best way to check is to run sensors while system is under low load, note values of the temps and then put system under load and run sensors again

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Temp 5 und 6 are def. it.
    Coretemp values are to high and Temp 1, 2 ,3... idk what they are.
    The CPU got 8,5 W TDP, so not much heat there.

Also I searched a bit for the rest.

- the i350bb-pci-0500 is the thermal sensor of the Intel Lan Chip and yes it is that hot.

- jc42-i2c-4-18 shows the SCH (System Controler Hub aka. Intel Chipset) Temps

- acpitz-virtual-0 is the ambient Temp, messured on the surface of my Atom Board

Fan 1 is CPU
    Fan 2 and 3 Case

Update:

I monitored the temp's a little more. the acpitz-virtual-0 seems broken, so no change there at all, so I guess it's useless after all.

• I have an issue with the plugin since last update ( I do not know when it started. It began in early Septmeber.)
    sensors is running well but the data will not more collected.

If i disable all options in the sensor plugin and enable again it resume the collection but the time without data collection is still lose. Whats happend here?

• The plugin DOES NOT generate the graphs.
    All the plugin does is to create the necessary files for the system to create the graphs.

• For some reason whenever I reboot my graphs do not work unless I open a terminal and

modprobe nct6775 or modprobe it87

then

sh -x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors

Then they start working again... I thought I had the drivers set to load automatically, I will mess with my setup and see what I can do. Any input is appreciated...

OMV 6.x
    Supermicro X9DRH-7F
    2X-XEON E5-2660V2
    128GB PC3-10600R ECC REG
    Supermicro SATA DOM 64GB
    Areca ARC-1883IX-24
    24X - WD WD80EFZX
    NORCO RPC-4224 4U
    Eaton 5PX 1500

• You could try adding those lines to /etc/rc.local. You also do not need to have sh -x that is used before the command to show debugging.

• @mikebetz42
    If you added those lines to the rc.local file please remove them as the reboot issue has been fixed and those line may cause issues.

• Hi everyone

I have a pretty new install working here, running on an AsRock N3150DC. It's only available since begin of august or something and I think not all the components are supported yet by the kernel.
    I get some messages in the boot sequence, indicating there's missing firmware for the platform microcode.

Don't know if it's a problem really, but at least the sensors are not working for me.
    Would love support for my board, so I can monitor the temps. Especially since it's passively cooled. :)

Here's the relevant output:

Code
    root@Homeserver:/# sensors

Code
    root@Homeserver:/# ls -l /var/lib/rrdcached/db/localhost/sensors*/

Thanks a lot @jhmiller for your work

Edit:
    Here's the output of all missing firmware provided by greping the boot logs:
    An idea what I can do about it?

• I am having some issues with the Plugin. I am using an Atom 330 based thin client. If I run

Code
    sensors

from CLI, I can see the temperature of each core (x2). However, if I go to the temperature diagrams in the OMV Web UI, I only get the grey bars with the sad face.

I already ran

Code
    sensors_detect

in order to add the required code lines to the .conf file.

Any ideas?

Custom mini-ITX build
    Coolcube Mini, Intel Desktop Board DQ77KB, Intel Core i7-3770S, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, 64 GB Trascend mSata SSD (OS), X3 1TB HDD pooled + parity

Dell Optiplex 960 sff (deprecated) - link

Dell Optiplex FX160 (repurposed) - link

"If you can't find it in Google, it simply doesn't exist!" - The Internetz

• I can't do anything without knowing what sensors are in your machine.

• Hi @jhmiller

Thanks for the response. My apologies for not providing the info, I overlooked the post that you cited. So, the output of sensors is:

And the output of the second command is:

Custom mini-ITX build
    Coolcube Mini, Intel Desktop Board DQ77KB, Intel Core i7-3770S, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, 64 GB Trascend mSata SSD (OS), X3 1TB HDD pooled + parity

• coretemp has already been added so it should work (for cores anyway)

Run sh -x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    and paste output here.

• Sorry, just came from work. Ah, well. The output is kind of big, it exceeds the 10000 characters :huh: . I am attaching it as a text file.

Thanks again for the help.

Dateien

Custom mini-ITX build

• Code
    rm /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    wget -O /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-sensors/master/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    chmod +x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors

Run the above to download the modified script, check your graphs. Make sure you have show cores on in the plugin.
    If it does fix your issue i will commit it in the next version, let me know.

• I think it didn't worked. I checked that the Cores option was enabled, restarted the pulgin, refreshed the WebUI, but still the charts are not there.

Interestingly, I got this after I ran the commands:

Code
    2015-10-21 19:05:29 (2.18 MB/s) - `/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors' saved [36767/36767]

root@openmediavault:~# chmod +x /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    root@openmediavault:~# /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors
    /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors: 557: [: missing ]
    /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors: 557: /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors: -z: not found
    /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors: 557: /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/sensors: 1: not found

Perhaps something went wrong. I did it twice to confirm, but both times I got that error.

Custom mini-ITX build

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!