OMV on Banana Pi - BanaNAS

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• hello cyryllo
    what is your model of 3D printer ( profi3dmaker ) ? and with what program did you design your case? tinkerpad? ( autodesk 123d design )

AutoCAD 2015

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    Banana Pi + 16GB SD + 500GB - test platform omv 3.0.X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    Banana PRO + 8GB SD + 320GB - test platform omv 30..X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

• Did anybody try to use a mirrowed RAID on the Banana Pi using a PMP?

I'd like to get a higher reliability of my data in case a harddisk crashes... so I wonder if mirrowing a drive using a cheap JMB321 based portmultiplier will work well...

• hi cyryllo,
    How did you do to conceive your case? you are engineer?
    Especially for all regarding the fixings: thread type, thread length, ...
    Did you do a lot of trial? How did you do exactly?
    3d printer is yours ?

is what you'd be possible to give us the compiler options that you have for the management of the port multiplier?

• Just an update to my earlier posts, I ordered and received my BananaPi board and SATA cable. I built a cheap case out of screws and a $2 piece of acrylic, then hooked up an old 2.5 inch HDD salvaged from a netbook that suffered a broken screen a few years ago.

Last night, I hooked it all up, put the BanaNAS image onto an SD card and plugged everything in, and all I can say is this thing is excellent. Last night as a test I was seamlessly streaming a single 720p movie to three different devices all playing different parts without a hick-up. I just thought I'd come here and say thanks to all for the good work supporting this little board.

">http://s874.photobucket.com/us…2/media/IMG_3138.jpg.html[/img]

">http://s874.photobucket.com/us…2/media/IMG_3136.jpg.html[/img]

• Now create a new case on 5 discs using a 1-to-5 SATA2 Port Multiplier. For Banana Pro (I'll make a plugin for OMV for configuration Wifi.)
    Prepare the system (omv) image with support SATA2 Port Multiplier.

More information already soon

@vlotho
    For board and disc use the same screws as in an ordinary computer. Yes I'm master of Science :)
    This 3d printer is from my work.

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

• http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:460603

The first case module will contain only place in Banana PRO / PI and drive.Only in the second on that will impose include space for 4 + multipler Sata drives.

• I have a question about network speeds. The NAS seems to be serving HD files (.avi / .mp4 / etc...) fast enough to be read by multiple sources, however, when browsing photos or copying to/from the NAS, it seems painfully slow (~3 to 4Mb/s). I know others here are getting between 25 - 40 Mb/s.

I used the OMV image to get everything running and set up the SMB shares. The HDD is an older 5200 RPM 250GB Seagate 2.5 inch SATA drive. I formatted it ext4 fresh with this install.

Anyone have any ideas or tweaks I could try?

Thanks.

• I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

• Cyryllo, thanks, I did take a look through that. He's running a RAID1 with a SATA multiplier, while I'm running a single drive. I downloaded the Helios test and ran it and my numbers came back terrible. Upload averaged 3.5MB/s, download averaged 2.4MB/s.

Not really sure what to do to help fix it.

• @Hauger you use 1Gbit router?

• I'm pretty sure it's a Gigabit router (supplied by my provider, fiberoptic to the house) and getting information is difficult.

It might be the cable, it's a scavenged old Ethernet cable that might be slowing it down. Will buy a new one and see if that helps improve it.

Thanks.

• **Update**

I changed out the cable and there was moderate improvement but still slow compared to the results others are getting. To be fair, the Bananas is connected by Cat5e to the router, but all other clients talking to it are on wifi. The wifi itself is an Engenius External Wireless Access point that's giving me trouble. Internet speed tests are in the 50 Mb/s range, but it has a bad habit of kicking my laptop off the network when I'm moving larger files onto the NAS, and the only way to fix it is to reboot the WAP. I'm thinking there must be something in the setup/config of the WAP that's causing it to bottleneck the NAS.

If anything, this is a great learning experience.

• @Hauger you use ext4 or NTFS file system?

@vlotho yes we created new case.

• We are currently working on the first part of the case. The second part for 4 drives and multipler Sata will do in a few days.

• Last prints before the final release :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!