OMV on Banana Pi - BanaNAS

• Ok :)

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    Banana Pi + 16GB SD + 500GB - test platform omv 3.0.X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    Banana PRO + 8GB SD + 320GB - test platform omv 30..X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

• Wideo how banaNAS is created

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

I know that the world does not expect the us to many. It is sufficient that you answer yourself a very important question: what I like to do in life, and then start to do it.

HP N36L Microserver 60GB SSD + 2x 250GB HDD + 2x 1TB omv 3.0.X 64 bit - 3.16 backport kernel
    Banana Pi + 16GB SD + 500GB - test platform omv 3.0.X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    Banana PRO + 8GB SD + 320GB - test platform omv 30..X - ARM - 3.4.104 kernel
    SimpleNAS project - OpenMediaVault and Case for Banana Pi/PRO/M1/M1+/M3, LM Guitar

• I simply use it to connect an external DIY box via the N54L esata port (it can address 5 external hard drives).
    The port multiplier costs 25$, a Pci sata controller with 5 sata ports costs way much more.
    The way I use it, make off-site backups, the port multiplier is perfect even if the performance are not so good.

In my opinion the BananaPi with a sata port supporting the port multiplier, would be a perfect OMV low energy nas.

• Hi all

This is very strange : 1 bought 3 of these banana pi. The raspberry seems too weak for me. So the banana pi is my first microcomputer boards.

My goal is to setup OMV on some of these.

This project is very nice, but I'm thinking a step further : I want a distributed filesystem. I'm about to try glusterFS.

But, OMV does not yet support it. I hope I will find a OMV friendly way to build this setup :)

My wiki : http://howto-it.dethegeek.eu.org

= latest setup =
    proxmox VE 6 hypervisor on a J1900 CPU + 8GB RAM
    guests : OpenWRT (VM), OMV 5 (VM), Samba 4 domain controller (LXC)
    OMV alive since 2011 I guess : never crashed, always upgraded : stronger than my hard drives.

Searching for a P2P online storage solution : must be open source, client side encrypted, quota supprt. Tahoe LAFS is the nearest, but is lacking quota. Would be perfect to build a OMV based, anonymous online storage for backups

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dethegeek ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am working on a glusterfs plugin. Give me another week or two :)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I'm expecting this will be my favourite plugin :D

My wiki : http://howto-it.dethegeek.eu.org

= latest setup =
    proxmox VE 6 hypervisor on a J1900 CPU + 8GB RAM
    guests : OpenWRT (VM), OMV 5 (VM), Samba 4 domain controller (LXC)
    OMV alive since 2011 I guess : never crashed, always upgraded : stronger than my hard drives.

Searching for a P2P online storage solution : must be open source, client side encrypted, quota supprt. Tahoe LAFS is the nearest, but is lacking quota. Would be perfect to build a OMV based, anonymous online storage for backups

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also added (not released) the ability to mount glusterfs as a shared folder on the RemoteShare plugin.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• New Banana Pi coming, called Banana Pro (from a different Developer, though!):

It adds wifi to it and uses a micro usb port now too. The only thing that I would love to know, does it now support the Sata Expand card?

It also seems that you can't yet order it.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Doesn't Lemaker make both?

I still recommend the cubox-i over banana pi/pro. It supports openelec and port multiplier too.

• It's a pity that the BananaPi is not compatible to something like this.

I just found out, it seems the Banana IS compatible with it!

http://forum.lemaker.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3402 (On site 2 there is first confirmation that it actually works!)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Doesn't Lemaker make both?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Banana_Pro

Zitat

Lemaker was a reseller (but not anymore) for the Banana Pi. The Banana Pi and the rest of the Banana Pi variants were actually created by SinoVoip. The Banana Pro was indeed created by Lemaker and caused some naming confusion with the Banana Pi.

Greetings
    David

• I still recommend the cubox-i over banana pi/pro. It supports openelec and port multiplier too.

And costs about double to three times as much :(

Edit: Pardon, found some shady ebay auctions. It's 80 $ for the naked cubox-i.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!