ifup fails when rebooting after upgrading to 1.0

• have u tried removing allow-hotplug? there was a debian bug about this once

I don't see it in there:

• What is output if you try to upgrade?

apt-get upgrade

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WastlJ ()

• Worst case I can pull my data disks, pop a new system disk in there (preserve this mess to toy with), and load a clean install with the new ISO for 1.0.

I only have 10 shares, 4 users, and rsync jobs to copy to the DR box. I have it all documented (pretty much).

I still have the ifup error on my DR box too, which means I will need to fix that once the primary is up and solid. I don't want to worry that if it's rebooted, I have to go down and connect to it to create the directory and ifup the interface.

• make sure your networking is up 1st:

rm /var/cache/apt/archives/*
    apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault

This thing is a mess.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WastlJ ()

• I would just unplug the data drives leaving just the system drive installed and reinstall in from new ISO. After reinstall shutdown and plug back in data disks. Restart and you are going to have to set up everything again.

But at least my data will be there still. I guess I may have to do the same on my other box too? It's up and running, but if it reboots it won't start the network.

• Pleaaaaaaaaase use Codeboxes instead of Quotes. Thank you.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I did a clean load on the primary nas today. Just need to find time to finish my shares, users, and rsync jobs, but the data is all there, safe and sound. I even took the outage as an opportunity to install my new M1015 SAS card and now I can expand and fill out the rest of my hot swap bays with more disks.

I just noticed that my backup server that I upgraded Friday is reporting the kernel as Linux 2.6.32-5-amd64, where the clean build from today is showing Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64.

• The old OMV 0.5 was based on squeezy with the 2.6 kernel as a standard. However after the upgrade to OMV 1.0, it should have booted with the 3.2 kernel and the 2.6 kernel remains unused on your machine.

After a clean install of OMV 1.0 of course there is no need for the old kernel as it uses debian wheezy with the 3.2 kernel as standard.

• Nothing to get apparently.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!