ifup fails when rebooting after upgrading to 1.0

• I just did the omv-release-upgrade on my primary OMV box after getting my backup box running.

I was getting some odd messages in the webgui after updating, so I decided to reboot, and when I did, it never came back online.

Just like rebooting my backup OMV NAS after upgrading it on Friday, I can watch it go through the boot process and when it tries to init the ethernet adapters, it says:

Zitat

Configuring network interfaces...ifup: failed to open statefile /run/network/ifstate: No such file or directory

I logged in as root, and did mkdir /run/network, then ran ifup -a and the network interfaces came up. I then rebooted to see if the network would come up again, and it does not. Same error again. I am afraid to reboot my backup OMV box now since I expect that it will have the same problem again.

Now after rebooting the primary box, and seeing that error again, it gets to Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsd and it just hangs there. I can't log in at all.

• omv-firstaid

I tried that the other day on the other NAS. It acted like it ran and set the IP, but I got the same exact results that I am seeing today after running it. That command works fine for setting the IP, but every time it reboots, it keeps saying "Configuring network interfaces...ifup: failed to open statefile /run/network/ifstate: No such file or directory" and won't start the networking at al. If I create /run/network and then do ifup, it starts, and has the right IP info for the ports, but it only works for that boot and stops after rebooting.

• After letting it sit for 30+ minutes it finished booting. I logged back in and sure enough, there is no /run/network again. re-create it and I can start networking. If I reboot, it will go away again and I get no networking.

• Try this:

update-rc.d networking defaults

tell me what it says and then try rebooting.

PS- the forum is incredibly slow for me today.

• using dependency based boot sequencing
    warning: default start runlevel arguments (2 3 4 5) do not match networking Default-Start values (S)
    warning: default stop runlevel arguments (0 1 6) do not match networking Default-Stop values (0 6)

rebooted, same thing. system slow to boot waiting for nfsd daemon

• Using a 320GB SATA drive.

I also just noticed some errors at the end of the upgrade script in my SSH window.

• Try all these:

apt-get clean
    apt-get autoremove
    update-rc.d -f networking remove
    apt-get -f install

• apt-get clean
    apt-get autoremove
    update-rc.d -f networking remove
    apt-get -f install

apt-get autoremove - will fail if networking is not up
    update-rc.d -f networking remove - came back with partially same message as before "using dependency based boot sequencing"
    update-rc.d networking defaults - same messages as before

Once I re-created /run/network and ifup -a the network, I tried the apt-get clean, autoremove, and -f install ideas:

• apt-get -f install - came back with:

• I am trying to figure out why your networking is not starting. If you look at /etc/init.d/networking that is file that creates the ifstate.

Give me results of this:
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

Output of this too:
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list

• I ran omv-sysinfo on both boxes. On the backup box upgraded this weekend, my plugin list looks like:

On my primary box that is having issues, it looks like this:

And I see in the earlier messages that the pieces that look to be bombing out appear to be plugins.

• Give me results of this:
    dpkg -l | grep openmediavault

Zitat

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!