Debootstrap error ( linked to language choice during installation of OMV 1.0 from iso images )

• Hi all,
    trying to do a fresh install but after automatic partitioning of system disk always get this error:
    " Failure trying to run: chroot / target mount -t proc proc / proc "
    I'm installing via usb key with iso image, all data disk unplugged
    can someone help please?
    many thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What type of system?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• According to Intel, it does:

http://ark.intel.com/products/…ache-1_60-GHz-533-MHz-FSB

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

What type of media are you installing OMV on? It would get that far if the cpu didn't support 64 bit.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

What did you use to write the ISO image to usb stick?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Use win32diskimager

• Hello,

Same here. I don't think it is hardware related. I'm using i386 ISO.
    I'm installing from a 500Mb USB to an old SSD Kingston SDDNow 100S 16Gb disk. The USB was made using dd from my PC with Ubuntu 12.04.
    I have the same error if I install on two different virtual machine on two different hosts using the ISO as a virtual CD to boot from.
    I've downloaded twice the i386 ISO.
    From the failed installation on the real hardware, if i look at console 4, as suggested by the installation tool, I found this last strings:

kernel: [ 145.506951] Adding 686076k swap on /dev/sdb5. Priority:-1 extents:1 across:686076k SS
    partman: mke2fs 1.42.5 (29-Jul-2012)
    kernel: [ 153.375725] EXT4-fs (sdb1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: errors=remount-ro
    apt-install: Queueing package e2fsprogs for later installation
    partman: Using '/dev/sdb' for grub installation
    main-menu[236]: (process:6147): WARNING: could not open /lib/modules/3.2.0-4-486/modules.builtin: No such file or directory
    main-menu[236]: (process:6147): /bin/perform_recipe: line 38: reuse_partitions: not found
    main-menu[236]: INFO: Menu item 'bootstrap-base' selected
    debootstrap: mount: mount point /proc does not exist
    debootstrap:

Thanks to all.

• Same error.

I've tried to install Debian Wheezy netinst and the installation goes on. However I've stopped at a certain point (I had to go work....) , but the installation has been going on more than using OMV ISO image. I've stopped it when it was configuring the apt repository, so the OS installation was finished (if I'm not wrong).

• I´ve read a thread yesterday with exactly the same thing. If you try to install on a SSD and install by a USB stick, the USB stick will be sda and the SSD will be sdb - what shouldn´t be like that. Cannot find that thread :-/

Do you have the possibility to install by an external CD / DVD or in another computer with a CD/DVD drive?

• I´ve read a thread yesterday with exactly the same thing. If you try to install on a SSD and install by a USB stick, the USB stick will be sda and the SSD will be sdb - what shouldn´t be like that. Cannot find that thread :-/

Do you have the possibility to install by an external CD / DVD or in another computer with a CD/DVD drive?

tried right now: same error
    better to go on through hard disk state ( even if perfectly working with OMV 0.5 on till yesterday )

• I've the same error while installing the last ISO in VMWare ESXi with 2GB RAM and 1HD 8GB, Debian 64 obviously.

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbup:
    ==============
    1 USB Stick Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (USB 3.0 90MB/s Read - 30MB/s Write)
    2 HDD WD Blue 320GB RAID2
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• finally I did again a fresh install but this time I left the language to american-english ( even if I'm italian :) ) and the installation process went fine to the end without errors.
    could it be a bug related to language choice in installation ?
    now If I want to reconfigure the system to italian does the command "dpkg-reconfigure" work?

Thanks

• I am also Italian, on the web I've read about the same problem with Debian relating the language.
    However, In ESXi I've solved the issue installing the 0.5x and the upgrading to 1.0

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbup:
    ==============
    1 USB Stick Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (USB 3.0 90MB/s Read - 30MB/s Write)
    2 HDD WD Blue 320GB RAID2
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!