Does Upgrade involve kernel boot parameters for failsafe access?

• Offizieller Beitrag

This involves mayor kernel upgrade. I have a kernel boot parameters for failsafe access through serial console if eth0 sometimes doesn't get dhcp, the serial console is attached to my usb port in my router. Will this parameters mantain in a dist-upgrade? Is just that i am planning on doing the upgrade remotely.
    Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is more than just a major kernel upgrade. The distro version is upgraded from squeeze to wheezy. This means a newer version of grub. Depending on where you set the failsafe, it may or may not survive the upgrade.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is more than just a major kernel upgrade. The distro version is upgraded from squeeze to wheezy. This means a newer version of grub. Depending on where you set the failsafe, it may or may not survive the upgrade.

Is set in grub (for menu boot selection and boot display sequence) and in the inittab for system login. I´ll wait till later then

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is set in grub (for menu boot selection and boot display sequence) and in the inittab for system login. I´ll wait till later then

What file did you add the option to? If you changed it in /etc/default/grub or a file in /etc/grub.d/, then it should survive the upgrade. If you changed it in a file in /boot/grub, it won't.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

What file did you add the option to? If you changed it in /etc/default/grub or a file in /etc/grub.d/, then it should survive the upgrade. If you changed it in a file in /boot/grub, it won't.

/etc/default/grub
    Ok. I'll wait till tonight when the shares are offline, to see how it goes.
    Another thing. My first start with OMV was with single disk, then couple of months later, moved to a raid1 copying all the files with a degraded array and then add the first disk. Run into a couple of issues with GUI, so to mantain all the shares I've forced the array to use the same UUID as the single disk (changed all the references in the config.xml file back then). Will this affect anyhow? i was wondering coz i saw this post After upgrade to v. 1 - Disks do not match df

• Offizieller Beitrag

The upgrade shouldn't change anything in config.xml. So, I would guess that you would be ok. Always hard to say when things are customized.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!