Errors were encountered while processing: postfix minidlna and more...

• Okay so i have some pretty big upgrading problems. :(

I upgraded just like it was explained and removed the puglins that werent supported besides netatalk (im so dumb)

The installation went pretty good actually but in the end it brought an error message.

Now I rebooted and when i go to the webgui it just says welcome to nginx.

If i do a apt-get update I get a very bad looking message ill add the terminal output for that too.

i did the

Code
    apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && apt-get -f upgrade

that sektion31 suggested

with a little of work i was able to get the webinterface working and the system to boot. when i click on plugins or updates in the webinterface though it gives me this

im not quite sure on what to do now. Just to make sure you guys have all informations i will attach the entire terminal output file of the installation the outputfile when apt-get update and the output file of apt-get upgrade.

• your omv box's network settings seem to be not fully configured. thats why your box cannot connect to the internet right now. I assume your box has just one nic, which you use for local and internet connections?

Please check your DNS server configuration in the webui (System -> Network -> DNS Server).
    From your IP configuration I assume you have a fritzbox router at home? In that case you should add 192.168.178.1 (if you use the routers default settings) as your primary DNS and maybe 8.8.8.8 (google) as your secondary DNS.

Now you should be able to execute the apt-get commands again. If this didnt help please post a screenshot of your "System -> Network -> Interfaces" and "DNS Server" settings. Please make sure the columns are expanded.

• Hi all

Been away, as our family has recently expanded.

Yesterday I went from 0.4 to 0.5 - which went fairly smoothly (removed plugins, upgraded, put plugins back)
    Then I did 0.5 to 1.0 - and that "didn't go so well".

I removed the plugins (except NUT) and did the upgrade - which said it would remove NUT itself.
    When it finished, I had the white screen/NGINX screen - so did some reading about removing apache2 (via rc.d) and got the GUI working.
    Then I found samba was dead, and I had to manually re-enable each share. That caused a bit of worry!
    SSH was also not working and needed a service restart - and when I had no GUI initially that made life interesting (headless box!)

Comments so far :

1) Generally the majority of things seem ok
    2) OpenVPN plugin 'works' but misses a lot of the original - inability to generate the CA from scratch (with custom keys), inability to set password AND cert requirements in the GUI (but can be done via the additional commands box).
    3) MiniDLNA seems to be broken - mine scans 300 files and 'stops'. I've built minidlna from source and that does it too - might try an older version.
    4) DHCP/DNSMasq really *really* is missed - I went to GITHUB and built it from source and installed it - and it picked up my old 0.4 configs and is running perfectly
    5) NTP seems broken? I noticed my NAS was saying 10am when it was 5pm - and it refused to update. I had to download ntpdate to force a date change. Now it seems a bit happier.
    Also - it would be good to have an option to have OMV act as a time server - I've enabled it in config but each reboot removes that line :)
    6) FTP is broken (mod_root) but I saw that in the buglist :)
    7) I think the upgrade to 1.0 also upgraded OpenSSL, which in turn broke my RADIUS server - and the LATEST (manually built) FreeRADIUS reports the OpenSSL version which comes with the new distro is vulnerable to Heartbleed. That may be worth noting to people who open their boxes to the wider internet.

:)

In other random news, this new forum does NOT present well on IE8 (forced to use it in some places) so apologies if this is in the wrong place - took me ages to find a "post" button - and I could only see "reply"

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you have a highly customized system like that, the upgrade is very tough especially when the distro itself is upgraded (Squeeze to Wheezy).

2 - Most people have been using the OpenVPNAS plugin. Maybe that will solve your problem.
    3 - Minidlna has always been picky about files especially bluray rips. It is most likely stopping because of a file it doesn't like.
    4 - dnsmasq is in the beta repo but just not ready for the masses. For someone like you, it should be fine.

IE8?? Why are you using IE8?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• OpenVPNAS requires another port 0 - the "beauty" of OpenVPN is "one port" - so I can tunnel that over HTTPS if needs be. OpenVPNAS wants two ports?
    OpenVPN is working fine, although I have to manually add the config options that were in the GUI - and bring back a script from 0.4 to do the user/pass secondary authentication.

Minidlna is dying just looking at JPG and MP3 files. It gets 300 files in and dies.
    I've downloaded the 'wheezy' distribution copy and that works fine. Something in 1.1.4 is less than ideal :\

I couldn't get DNSMasq out of the beta repo for some reason (also : new baby = no brain), but manually hauled it out of github and built it ok. Can't see any issues with it though - it picked up my config files and 'works'.

And IE8 = a system I have no control over which I use periodically :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't use openvpn so it was just a suggestion. You can always suggest it in Issues on github. If you know how to fix, even better. Submit a pull request.

What version are you using? The package (1.1.2) in omv-extras that the plugin should install is built on wheezy from source code for jessie and it works for most people (myself including). All it takes is a corrupt mp3 to do it.

Package is here regardless of what repo it is in :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

1.0.24 isn't as picky as 1.1.2/1.1.4 I guess. Not much we can do about that. I guess you could submit a bug report to minidlna. I have used minidlna for many years (long before OMV) and never had a problem once I removed the problem file.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!