HPE Proliant Servers

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, that is a problem then. I guess you will have to create a new storage pool then. Or upgrade the CPU.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I will then try with a new storage pool.
    Can you say something about the performance dfference
    Gen8+OMV vs Gen8+ESXi+OMV virtualized

I'm only using some webservices, mysql, kodi headless and as source for my media.

Another question:
    When I build a datapool with esxi (3hdds), can I build a sw-raid5, with full functionality? so .. when I disk crachs the data will not be lost?!
    Or did I have to buy a P212 or P222?

• Is anyone actually running OMV on the internal SD Card on the gen8 micro server ?
    i am currently thinking of moving my OMV boot drive to the SD as i am only using 3GB of the 240GB SSD.

• Performance isn't an issue wasted space is. I have no need for the ssd in this box and I have no use for the extra space at this time.
    I know there is a plugin to reduce writes to SD cards but is anyone using the SD card in the gen8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Is anyone actually running OMV on the internal SD Card on the gen8 micro server ?
    i am currently thinking of moving my OMV boot drive to the SD as i am only using 3GB of the 240GB SSD.

Your SD card will wear out real soon, if you do not mount the SD read-only or move the often written to directories into a tmpfs.
    I heared there is a plugin to do this, but I am not using it.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

• @Spy Alelo - I have acquired a DL360p Gen8 with a D2700. Will this config work with OMV? I won't be able to pick the hardware up until later in the month. The server is taken from a production environment with all bells and whistles, except it's running Windows now.

• Performance isn't an issue wasted space is. I have no need for the ssd in this box and I have no use for the extra space at this time.
    I know there is a plugin to reduce writes to SD cards but is anyone using the SD card in the gen8

I had the same problem and decided to give the SD card as system drive a try. I have been running OMV with the openmediavault-flashmemory plugin for almost a year now. Also see this post from last year:

Have been using the somewhat complicated ODD bay option (with GRUB on a USB stick), but wanted something simpler and more energy saving. That's why I installed OMV on a microSD and the flashmemory plugin.
    If anyone is interested in the same setup, I suggest using the "Virtual Media" feature on the Gen8, as booting seemed to fail when installing from USB drives (I suspect issues with GRUB). However, installing from CD/DVD should give the same result. So far, everything is working perfectly.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Spy Alelo - I have acquired a DL360p Gen8 with a D2700. Will this config work with OMV? I won't be able to pick the hardware up until later in the month. The server is taken from a production environment with all bells and whistles, except it's running Windows now.

Yes, it will work but you may need the backports kernel (or OMV 3.x if you don't need many plugins).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

We have put regular sata SSDs for testing in DL380s with no problem but there are no SAS drives in the system at the same time.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@Spy Alelo - I have acquired a DL360p Gen8 with a D2700. Will this config work with OMV? I won't be able to pick the hardware up until later in the month. The server is taken from a production environment with all bells and whistles, except it's running Windows now.

That's an awesome config and yes it will work. I advise that you build you array(s) with the storage controller instead of OMV so you can assign hot spares and be able to do hot swaps it also rebuilds faster than OMV can and has a battery cache module in case of power failure good stuff.

Great! Thanks for your time :)

I'll try OMV 3 on this one I reckon.

Now the question becomes how it'll handle mixing SAS and SATA-drives...

It will handle mixed drives just fine, but you don't want to mix SATA and SAS on the same array. As long as you keep them on separate arrays (you can create as many as you want) you will be okay. You can also use the very same controller to have all the arrays and mixed drives without an issue. It will also work with SSDs and allow you to adjust over provisioning, but make sure that you run the latest SPP before you set it all up.

Since SPP is reserved to customers that have service contracts only, I might think about it and maybe add a link one of these days for anyone to download. Maybe, maybe not ;)

• Hello,

is there a way to get the iLO-Console (java) working on a linux-client (when I click on the java-link, nothing happens). Actually I have to start a Win-VM or use a Win-PC with an ie on it to use the console for installation purposes until I can open the omv-web to activate ssh.

Greetz, Christoph

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220L V2 @ 2.30GHz), 12GB Ram, 512GB Bootdisk (SSD M.2), 3* 4TB WD Red (Raid5) | omv 6.0.33-1 (Shaitan)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have the best luck with Firefox on Linux when connecting to ILO. Just make sure your ILO is updated to the latest version.

• Hello,

I found a direct way to start the console:

• Login to iLo
    • call https://<IP of the iLO-Server>/html/java_irc.html?lang=en

Maybe in Firefox comes a question to activate the java-plugin...

Greetz,

Christoph

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 (Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1220L V2 @ 2.30GHz), 12GB Ram, 512GB Bootdisk (SSD M.2), 3* 4TB WD Red (Raid5) | omv 6.0.33-1 (Shaitan)

• Hi guys, just to brighten up the thread with a picture - I have picked up my hardware :)

So it's D2700 with 15 1TB 7.2K SAS-drives, dual PSU and SAS-controllers.
    A DL360p with 32GB of ram and 2x E5-2637. I've got 64GB more ram in my drawer that'll be installed.
    The DL360p also has eight 300GB 15K drives.

Will be tinkering with it tonight :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!