Announcement of release date from OpenMediaVault 1.0

• Offizieller Beitrag

Update is already there - omv-release-upgrade. While I have had plenty of successful upgrades, nothing beats a fresh install.

+++
    I also like to use a different hard drive in case the upgrade fails. Use clonezilla and upgrade the copy. Another option is to make an image and run it in a vm. Then you can still see all of your setting. Ya I know I am paranoid. LOL

• So if I run that command it will update Debian to wheezey also?

if so I'll try the command and hope for the best not a big loss if the os messes up as not much config on it

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, it updates debian and omv at same time.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi Just done a upgrade of my system with the command provided but i get Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

when trying to go to the web gui.

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• so ive rebooted the server as cli was still responding and its come back up when i go to the ip of the server it now comes up with Welcome to ngix!

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• Hey,

I hope that this time OMV will get more media attention. Were any (news)websites informed about the release?
    Also, I wanted to mention that the OMV online demo is still Sardaukar based.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hey,

I hope that this time OMV will get more media attention. Were any (news)websites informed about the release?
    Also, I wanted to mention that the OMV online demo is still Sardaukar based.

There's been a couple of posts in recent weeks of some pretty good reviews of OMV. That review (not really sure I'd call it a review.. more like a first hands on look) on "Linux Unplugged" yesterday, was outstanding I thought. Lot of great comments from the folks reviewing it.

Personally... I think we're probably gonna start seeing an influx of new users. The only hang up for some users is going to be no ZFS/BTRFS support... personally.. I'd rather see the efforts going towards ZFS, be put towards BTRFS, since it is a native Linux filesystem... but I don't plan on using either.. so my opinion doesn't mean much here.

• ryecoaaron mentioned that a zfs plugin is 3/4 done. I can understand that volker didnt want to wait for it, to release kralizec. if 1.0 is the foundation for all future versions based on debian wheezy, then one should not delay it because of a single missing feature. otherwise you can get stuck by delaying forever, because some feature will always be missing.

Is the zfs plugin fuse or zol based by the way?

about btrfs vs zfs: i thought since btrfs is integrated in the wheezy kernels, there is not much to develop for omv to make it available? or will there be gui options available for snapshots and other features? that be cool by the way :)

• nice then a can get my new server install'd :D

gr. steel

Cooler Master CM 690 III with 650 watt 80+ gold power supply
    AMD A8-5600k processor
    8 GB ddr 3 1333 ram
    crusial 120 ssd
    5 x 2 TB WesternDigital red harddrive in raid 5
    2 intel 1000mT nic's
    latest OMV stone burner

lets get cooking .....
    don't be afraid of learning it can be fun

• Is the zfs plugin fuse or zol based by the way?

ZFS on Linux based.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Update is already there - omv-release-upgrade. While I have had plenty of successful upgrades, nothing beats a fresh install.

So when doing a fresh installation of OMV1, what will happen to my two HDDs containing my data running in RAID1? Are my files save and can I still use my RAID afterwards or will I be forced to wipe, reformate and refill the disks?

Oh, did I say "Thank you" for OMV already...? ;)

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

Western Digital WD Blue SN570

Seagate IronWolf 8TB/WD Red 8TB

AeroCool CS-102

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von fahrer17 ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

So when doing a fresh installation of OMV1, what will happen to my two HDDs containing my data running in RAID1?

To put it bluntly... not a thing.

To be on the safe side, disconnect your RAID drives, install OMV to your OS disk, then shutdown and reconnect your Raid drives. Once back up, you'll be able to mount your raid, set up shares, etc.. on the new OS, w/o issue.

• To put it bluntly... not a thing.

Yeah, that's what I wanted to hear... :D

To be on the safe side, disconnect your RAID drives, install OMV to your OS disk, then shutdown and reconnect your Raid drives. Once back up, you'll be able to mount your raid, set up shares, etc.. on the new OS, w/o issue.

And that's how I would have done it anyway ;)

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

Western Digital WD Blue SN570

Seagate IronWolf 8TB/WD Red 8TB

AeroCool CS-102

• Offizieller Beitrag

The ISOs take a while to build so they won't always be the most current version. You can easily update to the most current version in the web interface.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi all,
    was going to download the 1.0 iso for a fresh install but I cannot understand why on download page there's 1.0.20 version while on webpage it refers to 1.0.21
    some help please?
    thanks

Download the latest v1 iso, then after install do omv-update.

If you could just go ahead and make a plugin for it, that'd be great.
    N54L/4GB/12TB

• Offizieller Beitrag

Download the latest v1 iso, then after install do omv-update.

This... Volker packed the ISO before before he released 1.021.. that's all. Install 1.020, then run the update manager from the webUI... and you'll be at 1.021.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!