Btrfs/ZFS support

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would love to do it that way but the control file isn't a bash script so it doesn't evaluate the uname command.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can't use apt/dpkg commands while installing a package with apt/dpkg. So, you can't do that in the postinst. That is why I moved it to when the repo is enabled. If they install the backports kernel after enabling the zfs repo, they will just have to disable and then re-enable the zfs repo to fix it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'll leave this in case someone for comparing features in zfs in different ports, this features might produce a fail to import pools from other systems.

http://open-zfs.org/wiki/Features#Feature_Flags

You are warned...check your flags/features before exporting from Freenas (especially 9.2, a little friend called com.delphix:hole_birth says hello!!)

• And you shouldn't use apt in postinst either. Even though we use pip to install python packages in some places (mostly because no one have the patience to package) and wget in some, it's still a bad practice to install/download files within the installer.

In theory, if the package would depend on linux-headers-$(uname -r) it would depend on a specific version and be bound to that one. Depending on the linux-headers-amd64 package works correctly. It's just that when you install the backports kernel you could do this apt-get -t wheezy-backports install linux-image-amd64 linux-headers-amd64 to have the latest version of both. This continues to work with updates.

In the control file this would work as: Depends: linux-headers-i386 [i386], linux-headers-amd64 [amd64]

• Offizieller Beitrag

If omv-extras didn't install the headers when enabling the repo, they would still not have the right headers if they installed the plugin and then installed the backports kernel. The only true way to make it easy to fix is add a Fix button like virtualbox. I suppose both the 3.2 headers and 3.16 headers could be installed by the plugin but someone would complain because they have the 3.14 kernel installed.

• Hi

I want to try the backports kernel AFTER I already installed ZFS. So reading the posts I need to install the backport kernel including the headers.

When I use:

apt-get -t wheezy-backports install linux-image-amd64 linux-head ers-amd64
    Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
    E: Der Wert »wheezy-backports« ist für APT::Default-Release ungültig, da sol ch eine Veröffentlichung in den Paketquellen nicht verfügbar ist.

What would the correct command? thx!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also, uncheck the zfs repo checkbox and save. Then, check the zfs repo checkbox and save. The checkbox is in the secondary tab. This will install the headers for the 3.16 kernel.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep.

• Mhhh
    Backports installed ok. After activating ZFS repo again I got this message:

But after reboot it showed running kernel 3.16 backports and my ZFS filesystem is online. So I think that all is good, I just cannot re-activate the ZFS repo without error.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The key is already added on your system. So, don't worry about it :) The mit keyserver must be having issues today.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!