Btrfs/ZFS support

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-extras installs the kernel headers required for compiling the zfs module.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is new. The nzbdrone repo uses redirected https apt repositories so it needs apt-transport-https.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Next Problem:
    I have 4 Disk in my zfs pool (2tb,2tb,2tb,1tb) in 2 Days i want to replace the 1tb with a 2tb. I put it in to create a RAIDZ. On a raidZ i can replace a Disk, but i can't add a new Disk. So i put 4 disks in for now.

My pool now have 3,62 TB. I learned for OMV i need to create a Volume or a Filesystem. This Filesystem has a maximum of 2,59tb. Same with volume.
    What is the Problem? - Or is there a Problem? What will happen when i replace the 1tb?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What will happen when i replace the 1tb?

Don't know what would happen in ZFS, but in linux mdadm your raid array would go then from 3,62 (4TB) to 6TB. That's because the initial raid was created with a smaller disk.
    It should be the the same....but that just guessing. You can always replicate the behaviour in a virtual machine

• And another problem:

NFS Share can't be created using ZFS Filesystem - CIFS is working.

Fehler #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; monit restart collectd 2>&1': /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:7: Error: syntax error 'none'' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/monit.inc:113
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/monit.inc(70): OMVMonit->action('restart', 'collectd', false)
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/collectd.inc(53): OMVMonit->restart('collectd')
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(206): OMVModuleCollectd->startService()
    #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(158): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(224): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #9 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #10 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #11 {main}

• No problem here. Check your /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf file and see what it says on line 7.

• What is the best practice to use zfs in omv? I only know it from freeNas. Simply create a pool an you can use it for Data.

In OMV i must create a Filesystem(ext4,XFS...) on a ZFS Volume. I this right? This makes no sense to me...

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the best practice to use zfs in omv? I only know it from freeNas. Simply create a pool an you can use it for Data.

In OMV i must create a Filesystem(ext4,XFS...) on a ZFS Volume. I this right? This makes no sense to me...

I am surprised, you realize we are in alpha, beta cycle for zfs right? I do seriously recommend you to start using this in a VM to have a better understanding of pools, snapshots, datasets and virtual devs. Take a look at the documentation at oracle and ZFS on linux.
    I am just starting in ZFS with the plugin, but i would not by put a 6TB array on zfs now, unless of course I didn't care about what's inside.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is working just fine on my system...

I created one pool and multiple shared folders from that.

• I am surprised, you realize we are in alpha, beta cycle for zfs right? I do seriously recommend you to start using this in a VM to have a better understanding of pools, snapshots, datasets and virtual devs. Take a look at the documentation at oracle and ZFS on linux.
    I am just starting in ZFS with the plugin, but i would not by put a 6TB array on zfs now, unless of course I didn't care about what's inside.

Yeah that's correct. But ZFS itsself is officially considered stabel if I am not mistaken. Its just the plugin thats alpha.

I just reinstalled my OVM from scratch because I messed the NIC interfaces up (firstaid did not help) while trying teaming the NICS and again the plugin is missing in the GUI.

Install:
    OMV ISO -> online upgrade to 1.1. -> install omv-extras -> ZFS repo -> install ZFS plugin

My ZFS pool went online direct after installing and is listed under "Filesystems" ist just theplugin that doesn't want to show up.

apt update doesn't show any missing updates. Any suggestions?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!