Debian / Kralizec, no web-ui when changing static IP address

• So I installed OMV "Kralizec" over Debian 7 "Wheezy".

I needed to create a bridge, but could not do so through the GUI, so I modified /etc/network/interfaces (I followed the guidelines from debian wiki).
    At some point I had some issues with this configuration, so I proceeded to drop the bridge and get back to a single static IP address.
    I finally tried to change this IP address from GUI, and got some further complication (empty /etc/network/interfaces).

I kind of lost track of all my actions here, but the situation is the following:
    If I keep the server on the "old" IP address (192.168.1.9), no problems, everything works.
    If I try to modify the IP address of the server through the Web-UI (for instance 192.168.1.8), I can't access the web interface (404 error from nginx), even after rebooting. I can ping the server, access the shares, connect via SSH.
    If I revert (manual revert through SSH) to the "old" IP address, everything is back to normal.

I tried to solve the issue with omv-firstaid, same issues.

I don't understand what's going on...

Code
    root@NAS:/# netstat -tulpen | grep 80
    tcp6       0      0 :::80                   :::*                    LISTEN      0          7531        2793/nginx      
    udp6       0      0 :::678                  :::*                                0          7180        2220/rpcbind

• This reminds me on a thread I read not long ago. He set the IP address to static via CLI but it saved not properly and looked strange in the WebIF (two IP addresses)...

first you can make your WebIF available again via omv-firstaid (run in command line)
    Have you tried to first set a static IP via the GUI and try if the WebIF is available, then do the rest via GUI?

• This reminds me on a thread I read not long ago. He set the IP address to static via CLI but it saved not properly and looked strange in the WebIF (two IP addresses)...

first you can make your WebIF available again via omv-firstaid (run in command line)
    Have you tried to first set a static IP via the GUI and try if the WebIF is available, then do the rest via GUI?

Thanks for your answer.

I already tried to fix the WebIF via CLI "omv-firstaid", still get a 404. Note that the 404 is showed by Nginx, which means that the server is up and running on the IP, just not showing anything.

I tried to modify the static IP via the GUI, but then no WebIF available.

The strangest thing is that if I then revert the changes (via CLI, modifying /etc/network/interfaces) to the previous IP address (192.168.1.9), then I have access to the WebIF. It seems that this particular IP address is the only one where I can access the WebIF (all other services working fine).

Could it be a problem with Nginx ? An IP address hardcoded in a conf file somewhere ?

• Is apache running?

service apache2 status

if it is:
    service apache2 stop
    update-rc.d -f apache2 remove
    service nginx restart

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Is apache running?

service apache2 status

if it is:
    service apache2 stop
    update-rc.d -f apache2 remove
    service nginx restart

No Apache service running (Apache is not even installed).

As a matter of fact I retried to change the IP address through the GUI, but I changed to another address (initial was 192.168.1.9, first try was 192.168.1.8, last try was 192.168.1.7), and now everything is working...

I don't know if the changes were just not taken into account, or if nginx was having troubles.

Anyway now that this is working, another surprising effect arised:
    I cannot reach the Web GUI from internet.
    I of course put my server IP address on DMZ, I can ping the machine, I can even connect through SSH, but the port 80 of the server seems to be closed, and I cannot connect when I'm not on my LAN network.

I noticed that when changing the port of the Web GUI (to 81), then I could see the port open and connect to the Web GUI.

I have the plugin "extplorer" installed, could it be the cause of this ?

Thank you for your support.

PS: I guess I should create a new thread but it seems that both issues are linked.

• Sorry to bump an old topic but for prod. we still use (a still good!) OMV 1.9 Kralizec.

This morning, after an (big) update and restart the GUI do not appear, instead I got message from Nginx :

( Big sweat!!!??? ...).... :S:S:S Oh la la...

I try :

Zitat

service apache2 stop

Then...

service nginx restart

And the GUI is back again. OUF ! .....

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!