I like to build a nas with this components

Case: LianLi Q25
    Board: ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+
    PSU: FSP200-50GSV 200W
    CPU: A4-4000
    Cooling: Alpenföhn Silvretta

HDD: 2xWD-RED 3TB later a 2tb wd green from the htpc
    RAM: G.Skill DIMM 4GB DDR3-1600

OS SSD: What is better 120GB or 60GB (Samsung EVO840, ADATA Premier Pro S900, Kingston SSDNow V300)

I will use it for media and picture storage, streaming.
    owncloud for contact and calendar sync oder better a VM with Kolab?

Is the board supported? (WOL, NIC, WLAN)

What do you think about the configuration?

Thanks, Don

• It looks fine. If you do use the green make sure you set it up to spin down. The greens are not meant to be running all the time like the reds.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Board should work fine. That config should work well.

There is an owncloud plugin so I would start with that. If it doesn't work right, switch to kolab.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Today all parts are delivered.
    But i cant install OMV or Debian, the Netword adapter is not supported.
    Debian find the WLAN Stick N150 but i cant get a connection to the router?
    Is it possible to get the ALX driver, i found a tutorial to make it but at first i need a installation?!

• Offizieller Beitrag

We don't recommend using wireless with OMV. It isn't supported and generally not a good idea with a server.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

Or usb network adapter.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Today all parts are delivered.
    But i cant install OMV or Debian, the Netword adapter is not supported.
    Debian find the WLAN Stick N150 but i cant get a connection to the router?
    Is it possible to get the ALX driver, i found a tutorial to make it but at first i need a installation?!

Can you put your OS drive in another computer, install OMV, upgrade to the backport kernel, then move the disk back your NAS? That's one way to do it. Not easy, but it should work.

Since you didn't mention it specifically, are you trying to install OMV .5? Have you tried booting the Netinst ISO for Debian Wheezy? If you can boot the Debian Wheezy ISO and it recognizes your NIC, you can install OMV 1.0 on top of it...

Howto install OpenMediaVault on Debian 7.x (Wheezy)

If you've already tried that.. then the "easiest" (yeah, it's still a pain) might be to install to the SSD on another machine, upgrade to the backport kernel..then move it back to the NAS

• I had a similar problem. What I did was go to Best Buy, get a $20 USB HDD enclosure, and put my system drive (32GB SSD) in that, booted from my PC, installed Debian Wheezy, upgraded to the Backports kernel, and then compiled the ALX driver from Backports. Once I put the SSD back in my NAS, it was ready to go.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use a usb network adapter, it works :)
    but i need the backportkernel 3.2.0.4 not 3.2.0.0...
    so i use this tutorial http://www.linuxfoundation.org…workgroups/networking/alx
    for install the alx driver but i can´t use make...
    Next step is install Debian in a VM and compile the driver, but where is the location to copy it?

I'm still confused. The Debian Wheezy backport kernel, is 3.14 Which according to the link below, is much newer than 3.2...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_kernel#Maintenance

Are you trying to install .5, or are you trying to install 1.0, as I suggested earlier?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry, i forgot it's still locked.. gimme just a sec, i'll copy/paste it.

Installation of OpenMediaVault 1.x on Debian 7.x (Wheezy)Pre-Requirements
    A installed Debian 7.x (Wheezy)If you want to do a fresh install, then use the Debian Wheezy 7.6 netinst image. Please make sure, that all options are unchecked, when asked for packages. https://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

Just put the ISO either on a CD or USB (unetbootin will work fine, if you're using Windows... ). Install Wheezy.. When asked for what packages you want to install.. use the arrow keys and space bar, to uncheck everything... This will install a straight command line system (which for this purpose, is what you want)

Install OMV on top of that by by logging in with your root as your username, and the password you set during installation:

Code
    echo "deb http://packages.openmediavault.org/public kralizec main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault.list
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix
    apt-get update
    apt-get install openmediavault
    omv-initsystem

When you install postfix, you're going to be asked a series of questions.. just keep hitting enter and just take the defaults for everything.

When that is all done reboot the system by typing
    reboot

Once the machine reboots.. you should see the OMV welcome screen telling you the IP address to access your webUI(192.168.1.xxx)... use a browser to go to that address and log in to the webUI
    username: admin
    password: openmediavault

That's it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!