Cannot create shared folder: no volume

• Note: I've installed the OpenMediaVault v1.0.8 package on a quite fresh Debian Wheezy (7.6) and I'm using ZFS on Linux to add ZFS file system support for my storage disks (system disks are in ext4).

OMV, Debian and ZFS work great except I cannot create a Shared folder via OMV Web GUI because no volume is listed in the "Volume" drop down menu of the create shared folder form.

I understand it's most likely related to my storage disk using ZFS (it's not even listed on WebGUI): but how can I circumvent this? Is there a way to manually tell OMV I have a volume so he'll let me add a shared folder on the ZFS FS?

• The ZFS Plugin is still under development. The core of the plugin is mostly done but the GUI part still has a lot of things to finish. Until then you're unable to use ZFS volumes within the WebGUI I guess.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I understand this and I'm not looking for a complete ZFS integration, but is there a way to manually create the volume (what is a volume in OMV btw?) so that I can use WebGUI to create the stuff that requires a volume?

• The right way (what the ZFS plugin does): Add a new class to the storage function which describes how to work with a ZFS filesystem/volume (I was using volume, but I meant filesystem). Then it will be detected in the WebGUI and you can use it.

The hacky way: mount the zfs filesystem to /media/UUIDofyourZFSfilesystem/ and put it into the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml - this 'could' work and allow you to use the filesystem, but I'm not 100% sure - its up to you to try it out.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Create a shared folder on a different drive and bind mount the zfs volume to that.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The right way (what the ZFS plugin does): Add a new class to the storage function which describes how to work with a ZFS filesystem/volume (I was using volume, but I meant filesystem). Then it will be detected in the WebGUI and you can use it.

The hacky way: mount the zfs filesystem to /media/UUIDofyourZFSfilesystem/ and put it into the /etc/openmediavault/config.xml - this 'could' work and allow you to use the filesystem, but I'm not 100% sure - its up to you to try it out.

Right way:
    Could not find the right place to add some PHP class. I've found OMVFilesystems::enumerate() in "/usr/share/php/openmediavault/system.inc" that might seems to be a ugly starting point (it parses the output of command blkid -o full).

Hacky way:
    blkid command returns:

So I've added

Code
    <quota>
      <uuid>9626383561025520466</uuid>
      <fsuuid>9626383561025520466</fsuuid>
    </quota>

to node /system/storage/filesystem of file /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and restarted openmediavault-engined daemon but it didn't helped the FS to show up on OMV WebGUI.
    Is it the right place and procedure?

Create a shared folder on a different drive and bind mount the zfs volume to that.

I cannot create any Shared folder because there is not a single (ZFS or not) Volume listed:

• You got PM.

Greetings
    David

• I have updated ZFS plugin to to 0.6.4 and ZFS volumes are are now available when creating a shared folder.

Then I was able to create a CIFS/SMB share: but I now have an auth issue when trying to access the SMB share.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!