Directories shown as files, when sharing a mounted cifs drive

• Hi,

I noticed some buggy behaviour in OMV, which occurs when OMV is resharing a mounted cifs-directory from a windows machine. In the client-PC the subdirectories are only shown as files. You have to reload the share in the Filemanager (Windows Explorer, nautils, caja) with F5 to see the directories correctly. But when enterin one of these, the problem occurs again.

I found this to be related to a samba-bug described in

http://serverfault.com/questio…splaying-folders-as-files.
    or http://serverfault.com/questio…ring-a-mounted-cifs-drive

The only solution i found is to edit the source code and recompile samba, which I don't prefer to do on OMV.

What can I do to get rid of that problem?
    Should I upgrade samba to squeeze-backports? Should I wait for OMV 1.0? Is the problem solved in one of these versions?

Best regards.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure why you want do do this but ok. I am not sure how you did it either. If you post some instructions I will try it against 1.0.

If you make it idiot proof, somebody will build a better idiot.

• Not sure why you want do do this but ok. I am not sure how you did it either. If you post some instructions I will try it against 1.0.

Background is that I have two physically separated networks, and I want to share files between them via some OMV shares. The OMV Server has two network cards. Until now i copied the files from a Windows machine in Network 1 to the share, and then back from a client in Network 2.

Now I want to get rid of the first copy-process, by mounting a shared folder on the Windows machine automatically in the OMV Filesystem. I did this by using automount, which works quite well.

mount shows:

Code
    //192.168.0.6/Daten/ on /media/cifs/Daten type cifs (rw,mand)

I integrated the windows shares via symbolic links into the OMV-Shares and can access them from Network 2 easily. The only problem is that the folders inside a linked windows-share are shown as files as described above.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!