Parted Magic doesn't work in system "Backup" plugin

• [My system basic info]:
    ================================================================================
    = OS/Debian information
    ================================================================================
    Distributor ID: debian
    Description: Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)
    Release: 7.6
    Codename: wheezy
    Kernel: 3.14 backport
    = OpenMediaVault information
    Release: 1.0.8
    Codename: Kralizec

Gparted iso: gparted-live-0.19.1-1-amd64.iso
    Backup plugin: openmediavault-backup 1.0.4

[Issue symptom]:
    After installing "backup" plugin, I continued to setup "Parted Magic" as guided in the tab, copied iso file to /boot/ and automatically updated the grub loader, then clicked "Parted Magic" button to setup one-time boot, but after reboot the system, couldn't load the iso, error message looks as: error, can't find the file.

My grub menu for Gparted is as below, and I can confirm the iso exist there.
    ### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/42_partedmagic ###
    menuentry "Parted Magic" {
    set isofile="/boot/partedmagic.iso"
    loopback loop $isofile
    linux (loop)/pmagic/bzImage iso_filename=$isofile boot=live
    initrd (loop)/pmagic/initrd.img
    }
    ### END /etc/grub.d/42_partedmagic ###

Note: I tried to burn iso to a USB disk using UltraISO, booting also failed, because the loader in iso is syslinux v4, but UltraISO can't write correctly, so I changed to another tool -- "rufus-1.4.5.exe", i downloaded a file from the net when writing the iso, after that, this USB disk worked well to log in Gparted UI, so i'm wondering whether this issue is that grub loader in Debian Wheezy can't recognize iso correctly.

OMV 1.0.x built in ESXi 5.0 U3
    3x2T WD Green + 1x2T Seagate + 4x3T Seagate
    1x500G Seagate for dedicated BT/PT download
    LSI9211-8i pass through

• yes, i configured the share folder to put iso, as below, the iso under /boot/ is copied by installation script.

LSI9211-8i pass through

• What happened when you booted one time? You have to ssh into parted magic and your ip will be different if you do not have a static lease setup for you nic in your router settings??? If you are want to use parted magic like this you should not setup a static leace in OMV webgui. Leave it dhcp in the nic setting.. Then setup static leace in your router, if it can do this, so your machine will always boot to same ip. Are you doing this in a vm or bare metal install??

• This is the screenshot when booted with Gparted:

As it was at very early stage of booting, so I'm wondering it has any relationship with OMV network setting, dhcp or static, also my eth0 did set to dhcp.
    This is my OMV setup on baremetal system, a HP ProLiant SL210t Gen8, but I also had the same issue on my home system, DIYed NAS.

LSI9211-8i pass through

• Offizieller Beitrag

The gparted-live-0.19.1-1-amd64.iso file is not partedmagic and will not work.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sorry for my newbie head, I thought they are the same one, I will try the correct iso.

BTW, is partedmagic a totally open source tool, as I found it requires $4.99 for iso download and one year subscription.

LSI9211-8i pass through

• Offizieller Beitrag

The $4.99 is just for downloading the one version. The one year subscription is around $50.

Partedmagic is all open source tools but you are paying for the packaging. It used to be free but too many people were copying it I guess.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!