Moving folder not possible

• Dear all,

I currently face a - from my point of view - strange issue.
    After having downloaded a .rar-file using Pyload, it was unpacked to /media/shares/downloads/unpacked. This worked really well. I was able to rename the unpacked folder via SMB.
    After doing so, I wanted to move the files to a different location, let's call it /media/shares/data, but this didn't work. Windows told me that I hadn't the permission to write to the path. Extplorer also doesn't want to copy/ move the file.
    I don't really get what I did wrong.

• /media/shares/data is on 775,
    • the user has read/write access to /media/shares/data and /media/shares/downloads/unpacked (only using permissions, not using ACL),
    • I changed the ownership for the folders to be moved from pyload:user to user:user

Finally without any success.
    Is there anything that I am doing wrong?
    Thank you for your proposals,
    a very confused,

Gilhin

• I assume that your folder permissions are all correct. But I think the file permission of your your downloaded file is not correct. I move my downloaded files after the extraction by a script with root to another folder and then change the permissions to root:users.

Btw. you can set the file permissions of your downloads in the pyload settings.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von WastlJ ()

• It should be root:users.

Did you check that every user is in the users groups? I mean the pyload user especially.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Thank's for the support, guys, but this didn't do the trick.
    It seems to be the folder /media/shares/data that seemingly needs some adjustments, as I can't even create a folder using either Windows (using "user") or eXtplorer.
    Any other idea?

• Code
    stat /media/shares/data

Screenshot of permissions for your specific users in the webinterface for the specific share.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Here you go ...

What I find strange is that the folder that causes problems is one of several subfolders of the shared folder.
    All other subfolders act as they should - only this one causes problems...

Code
    root@OMV:~# stat /media/Freigaben/Videos/Filme
      Datei: „/media/Freigaben/Videos/Filme“
      Größe: 12288          Blöcke: 24         EA Block: 4096   Verzeichnis
    Gerät: 13h/19d  Inode: 4411        Verknüpfungen: 232
    Zugriff: (2775/drwxrwsr-x)  Uid: ( 1001/  Philip)   Gid: (  100/   users)
    Zugriff    : 2014-08-21 19:08:30.994503965 +0200
    Modifiziert: 2014-08-20 18:36:21.082943850 +0200
    Geändert   : 2014-08-20 18:50:14.838937696 +0200
     Geburt    : -
  • Code
    chmod 777 /media/Freigaben/Videos/Filme -R

Abgesehen davon dass du so wie du im moment deine Freigaben organisierst niemals aus den Problemen kommen wirst. Du nimmst mehrfach den Ordner Freigaben mit in den share, das kann zu zusätzlichen Problemen führen. Besser ist es alle Ordner direkt freizugeben, ohne Unterordner.

Gruß
    David

• Auch mit der "eierlegenden Wollmilchsau" 777 kann ich weder über die SMB-Freigabe noch über extplorer ein Verzeichnis anlegen. Irgendwas scheint da grundsätzlich nicht zu funktionieren.
    Bei dem Ordner /media/Freigaben/ handelt es sich um den Bind-Share des AUFS-Pools.
    Hier wurde mir geraten, den Pool anzulegen und die Shares unterhalb der Pool-Ebene anzulegen. Oder habe ich das falsch verstanden?
    Was würdest Du empfehlen?
    Gruß,

• Achso... ne da hast du grundsätzlich nichts falsch verstanden. Ich vermute mal das AuFS hier das Problem ist. Wenn du ACL verwendet hast resette das mal alles...

Gruß
    David

• Kein ACL - ich hatte im Forum sinngemäß aufgenommen : "Ja, es gibt ACL, aber wenn du nicht 150%ig sicher bist, das Du es brauchst und weißt, was Du tust, arbeite mit Berechtigungen..."
    Also bin ich bei Berechtigungen geblieben.
    Das Problem habe ich letztlich unelegant gelöst, indem ich einen neuen Ordner erstellt habe und die Dateien dorthin verschoben habe. Bis jetzt funktioniert es.
    Danke für Deine Hilfe und noch einen charmanten Tag!
    Gruß,

Gilhin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!