OpenMediavault as an OpenVZ-Container - how do i share Folders?

• Hi together,

I installed Openmediavault Version 1.08 Kralizec on Proxmox 3.0 with OpenVZ (Debian Wheezy Template).

The Installation worked so far, but now i am not able to share any Folders, because OMV wants a Volume.

How can i resolve this? Has anyone experiences with OMV inside a container?

I reffered to this Post to install it: Kralizec on Squeezies VM and OpenVZ CT

The reasons for using OpenVZ instead of KVM are for me:
    - better Performance
    - less Overhead
    - easier to administrate (my opinion)

What i try to achieve:
    - OMV is used to manage Shares and Permissions
    - Use OwnCloud together with OMV
    - Plex Media Server manages Media

• You need to pass resources to your VM in ProxMox....
    This can be a storage resource, or if you want to pass complete disks you can pass them to the VM with the following info:

you can pass on a partition (like /dev/sda1, which inside the vm would be treated as a whole disk) or you can pass a whole disk (like /dev/sda). The VM inside would then see the already existing partition(s) as well

The example from above would read like this: "# qm set <vmid> -virtio<X> /dev/sda" for a whole disk, using virtio-bock drivers. (adapt to your scenario if not using virtio)

Grts,
    Junta D

• Use this: "# qm set <vmid> -virtio<X> /dev/sda" to pass a Proxmox disk to VZ is possible to implement on GUI, or only applicable in console? And after passed, disk is still capable of spindown? Thanks!

OMV 1.0.x built in ESXi 5.0 U3
    3x2T WD Green + 1x2T Seagate + 4x3T Seagate
    1x500G Seagate for dedicated BT/PT download
    LSI9211-8i pass through

• Thanks for your response.

But qm is a Tool for managing KVM-Guests not OpenVZ.

joace: I think Passthrough is not implemented in the GUI at the moment. If you are not experienced with Passtrough, i suggest you create a RAW-Disk for your VM in the GUI. If you don't need full disk performance you can also create a QCOW2-Image.

Greetings,

Chris

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!