Plugins that are wanted - Part 4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have installed OMV on proxmox. Didn't do extensive testing but it works well.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• (notice how VirtualBox is losing on all sides)

Not all of them, though.

Zitat

The benefit VirtualBox has though is means of guest 3D acceleration, which will be benchmarked again in a future Phoronix article.

Other than that, no doubt that Virtual Box is slower than a real KVM solution, but it is easier to run. Also I miss a comparision with Docker/LXC in that article.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• On the other hand, is 3D acceleration really available in headless mode? From what I can gather it isn't. And I don't know if you would ever notice the improvement since you run the graphical part through VNC which will make it horrible anyway. :)

• Oh, I think you're right on that part. But on the other hand, I use xrdp on my machine which utilizies VNC and I can't say its either sloppy or unfancy.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• If you want KVM you could just install Debian with whatever desktop and OMV on top. If it is headless vnc into it. I am not runing vms 24/7 and if I was I would use a hypervisor (e.g ESX, Proxmox or Xenserver).

Have you guys looked at X2GO?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried x2go a while back. It is better than vnc but not as good as nxserver3 or rdp on windows.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I played with OMV in a VM to get an idea of how it worked and I was very impressed. I will be creating a banaNAS thanks to cyryllo and I noticed the plugin directory for OMV-extras is not quite as extensive. I will be using it for usenet and torrent automation so would love to see nzbget, sabnzbd, sickrage, sonarr and couchpotato as plugins - I have the guides already on my site so I guess I could always install them in SSH. I have precompiled mono for arm7 on my site that should help with the sonarr plugin.

Is this the right place to request these plugins or is there a special area for ARM plugin requests?

• I noticed the plugin directory for OMV-extras is not quite as extensive.

Not? Well some are not available for arm, but thats not particularly our fault. We can only have plugins for software that runs on arm.

I will be using it for usenet and torrent automation so would love to see nzbget, sabnzbd, sickrage, sonarr and couchpotato as plugins

Most of them should be available on arm.

Greetings
    David

• David,

That's the thing, all of the software I mentioned can be installed on arm architecture but none of the plugins are there. I enabled the testing repo in OMV-extras and only transmission plugin is available, the others sickrage, sonarr, sabnzbd and couchpotato are in the 32 and 64 bit repos but not the arm version. I looked on both pages too. I can provide proof if necessary or perhaps these plugins all need to be installed manually?

• "Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

• Did you enable the downloaders repo?

After I Installed downloader couchpotato, sickbeard and sabnzbd show up (maybe it just needed another refresh).

Sabnzbd doesn't install because of this error

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     openmediavault-sabnzbd : Depends: unrar but it is not installable

I fixed it by SSH and installing an unrar I packaged, is there a way to update the plugin to include it?

Code
    This error also shows for Sabnzbd when trying to run it the first time but it still works
    Code
    Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf sabnzbd getsettings': /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:1.1: Document is empty ^ /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:1.1: Start tag expected, '<' not found ^

There is no nzbget or sonarr (as the repo link shows) though and both can be installed on ARM devices.
    The precompiled mono for arm package is here with ppa instructions for sonarr, nzbget installing from ppa instructions are here if those help get plugins for arm-hf/arm-el. I know comic book fans would be happy to see mylar added as well which I believe is in the x86 and x64 repos but not arm.

• /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:1.1: Document is empty

Check if that file really is empty.

is there a way to update the plugin to include it?

@ryecoaaron ;)

Greetings
    David

• There is a nzbget plugin as well, I used to compile the binary file on my Pi but the latest version uses the binary file from the repo in the guide.

Maybe the unrar deb could be added to the OMV repo.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• There is a nzbget plugin as well, I used to compile the binary file on my Pi but the latest version uses the binary file from the repo in the guide.

Maybe the unrar deb could be added to the OMV repo.

I cannot for the life of me see this nzbget plugin and have combed through the ARM plugins many times now, did apt-clean and checked for plugin updates too.

• There is a nzbget plugin as well

Neither in armhf nor armel is nzbget. ;)

Greetings
    David

• I don't have mine connected up ATM so can't check to be sure.
    I did however test the lasted build of the plugin to make sure there was no issues using the binary from that repo. The plugin worked ok and I was able to update nzbget to version 14.1(used built in nzbget update in the settings page)

It could be that it was only thought to work on the amd64 and i386 cpu's and has not been added to the arm repo as it is not in the 2 lists above.
    you could install manually

Code
    wget http://dh2k.omv-extras.org/debian/pool/main/o/openmediavault-nzbget/openmediavault-nzbget_1.2_all.deb
    dpkg -i openmediavault-nzbget_1.2_all.deb;apt-get install -f

There is a check for the system type and the corresponding binary file is used, everything else is the same across all platforms.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!