Plugins that are wanted - Part 4

• 3.if memtest is complete

And there you got your first problem, memtest is never complete. Also, memtest probably has no additions whatsover onboard to even write its output to your local disk.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• aha oke that's to bad i have a server with omv several mills from my home and cant always go there so that is way i did ask.

gr. steel

Cooler Master CM 690 III with 650 watt 80+ gold power supply
    AMD A8-5600k processor
    8 GB ddr 3 1333 ram
    crusial 120 ssd
    5 x 2 TB WesternDigital red harddrive in raid 5
    2 intel 1000mT nic's
    latest OMV stone burner

lets get cooking .....
    don't be afraid of learning it can be fun

• Yup. If there was just a free solution like HPs iLo that would work on any kind of hardware you would get what you need...: http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/e…management/ilo/index.aspx

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• yes that could if you had the hardware to go with it but i don't :( the server is an ( old ) 2U rack mount'd dell

gr. steel

AMD A8-5600k processor
    8 GB ddr 3 1333 ram
    crusial 120 ssd
    2 intel 1000mT nic's
    latest OMV stone burner

lets get cooking .....

• Offizieller Beitrag

dell has drac

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• it is a dell case with a custom setup so no drac :(

gr. steel

AMD A8-5600k processor
    8 GB ddr 3 1333 ram
    crusial 120 ssd
    2 intel 1000mT nic's
    latest OMV stone burner

lets get cooking .....

• Was curious if there was anyone working on or knew of a plugin for spotify. Not sure if it has been mentioned around here or not, did plenty of looking around and couldn't find anything recent.

Thanks

• Spotify only runs within wine... Couldn't even find if it runs on headless systems. To run music itself you can use the shairport plugin though.

Greetings
    David

• If it would work similiar to the shairport plugin, maybe. But not really worth the effort I guess.

Greetings
    David

• Afaik, mailpile is not a mail server, but only a server running a mail client. Looks good on first sight, but is it really?

edit: indeed, from the mailpile homepage:

Zitat

Mailpile is just an email client (MUA) with built-in PGP encryption and other nice features. Mailpile is not an email server (MTA).

• Plugins that are wanted......

digiKam
    https://www.digikam.org/

is it possible to add a digikam plugin?

Server:
    BitFenix Phenom M - ASRock B75 Pro3-M - 8GB Crucial B.S. - Intel G2140 - Corsair CX430M - 1x 64GB SanDisk SDSSDP (system) - 2x 2TB WD20EARX (data) - 1x 3TB WD30EFRX (Snapraid) - TBS6981 DVB-S2 - OMV 0.5x

• I really think a "Themes" plugin must be on the to do tray. May seem a trivial thing to have, but I'll give two reasons:

• In my screen setup/illumination, it's hard for me to read the text on the OMV and forum pages. It's all too white/creamy blueish and the text is not black, but gray. On the forum I changed the theme (not many variations there) and the blue background and post markers make a slight difference. But on OMV mgr I have to get closer to the screen during the day, and it fries my eyes at night. (but I get a good tan :P )
    • I got in contact with Ajenti, and I would feel sad if people prefer going there for a simple style sake. But the fact is that it's raising as a popular alternative to webmin, and the only difference I found was aesthetic. We have a handicap with Debian upgrade policy vs ubuntu and the candy is needed.

I would imply myself on this if some GUI documentation come available.

• Why fail2ban? Searching the log files is ugly and error prone. There is one single place where you could really harden your logins without tinkering with log files: simply use PAM respectively pam_tally2.
    I am using pam tally for years now and won't even think about fail2ban if I would not repeatedly read about it in the forums. I can't get my head around why people keep on using it.

Besides I'd like to vote for a SOGo plugin :)

• I was thinking about themes today...

/var/www/openmediavault/css/themes

then subfolders for each theme that is added. so say a blue theme

/var/www/openmediavault/css/themes/blue
    and inside this folder you will have a the omv-custom.css and images files.

Then you have as part of the plugin you have a screen where you can select the theme. It will delete
    the current theme and install the new by movinrg the files from the desired theme folder (blue).

It would also be nice if some individual items could be customized by color in the plugin. A Tab maybe for a few items to begin with and more can be added. A href can guide to site where users can pick custom color and it gives them the hex value. Then they would manually have to put the hex value in the Manual TAB settings fields.

PS- Once a theme is made it is easy to set it up manually. I just moved my theme I've been using to a vm in like 5 seconds. Just copy and pasted the omv-custom.css and images to correct location. Then refreshed browser. People should start developing themes.

• any plans for a crashplan plugin? I know its easy to setup manually but plugins are always useful to save potential headaches for a lot of people

specifically, I want to be able to take all the data on my NAS and back it up to the crashplan servers (not hosting my own server on the NAS)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!