Plugins that are wanted - Part 4

• There are multiple solutions for creating a hotspot with a simple WIFI USB Stick. Just google for them, I doubt there is a common interest for it, so Plugin is out of the question, if it would require more then a short period of time effort.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• @Sergio

OMV contains a media solution not only a disk management ....
    and media contains network solution ;)
    many plugins in here based on media

Of course, as OMV is debian based you can also make him do almost anything. It depends on how much you value you data (or if you have'm). The main (domestic) data management systems there are FreeNas, Nas4Free and OMV. All domestic users complaint about the system requirements of the first and plenty of them also thought the same about the second.
    OMV never settled such a hardware requirements line as others, but that doesn't mean that doesn't needs memory for managing data.

From there, you can do as much experiments as you want, it's up to you. And I really admire how fast OMV staff brings help when someone says he lost a raid. But I don't really expect them lasting so long if people starts going crazy with their configurations as a rule.

Tell me: Don't you have at hand an old wifi router that you can alter to your purposes? A friend who swapped internet provider? Ever looked at your works old things box?
    They only consume half an amper current max and they are meant to do what you want by birth. You can leave them powered until they fry.
    I have plenty of them here... Xyzel, Draytek... a 3com... look that's a 875 cisco (without wifi) they are all around. :)

• I am same as Serg... Currenly I have 3 old routers laying around. I've given 2 away in the last year. One of my old routers is setup as a repeater. I use it mostly to provide internet, via one of the wired ports, when I build new machines. You can buy a TP link so cheap. If I needed a repeater and didn't have an old one laying around I would buy a new one the is compatible with third party firmware, like dd-wrt, that would allow you to set it up as a repeater. You should always check compatibility of a router with your desired third party firmware before you buy one. You don't need the latest model as compatibility is more important.

• I bring back in the idea of OScam for omv.

http://www.streamboard.tv/wiki/OSCam/de

http://www.oscam.cc/

atm i use OScam simplebuild and run it with an init script

Bilder

| HP N54L Tobi´ 00 BIOS@2013 | 8GB 1333 | 2x WD-Black 320GB md0 / in TopDock | AMCC 9650SE-4LPML hwraid 4 x 3TB WD Green RAID5 mit BBU |
    | SlimLine Bluray in the Top Dock | Powerwalker 650 USV | Edimax WLAN | IcyBox 2x2TB RAID1 via eSATA |
    | Storage at the moment : 12.58TB |

• Here is another request for NZBGet and NZBDrone plugins!

Easy enough to get running on your own, provided you aren't afraid of a little command line tinkering. The hardest part was getting nzbdrone to be run as a service, but the Method 2 on their forums works if you keep at it. Much better than Sickbeard/Sabnzbd+, although both of those will work just fine. I just happen to like the UI of nzbdrone/nzbget better. Nzbdrone's download handling is generally superior to sabnzbd+'s sorting, at least for what I want it to do.

Let me know if you need some help getting them to run.

• is it possible to do a memtest plugin ? so that you don't need to use a monitor

gr. steel

Cooler Master CM 690 III with 650 watt 80+ gold power supply
    AMD A8-5600k processor
    8 GB ddr 3 1333 ram
    crusial 120 ssd
    5 x 2 TB WesternDigital red harddrive in raid 5
    2 intel 1000mT nic's
    latest OMV stone burner

lets get cooking .....
    don't be afraid of learning it can be fun

• Offizieller Beitrag

is it possible to do a memtest plugin ? so that you don't need to use a monitor

Not really. You couldn't see the results on a headless system and there is no way to login.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm sure it can but most people won't know how to login or won't have another system nearby to use it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• is it not possible to do it with a cron job:

1.turn the system off
    2.reboot in to memtest
    3.if memtest is complete reboot in OMV
    4.set the output of memtest in the plugin

is this not possible ?

gr. steel

Cooler Master CM 690 III with 650 watt 80+ gold power supply
    AMD A8-5600k processor
    8 GB ddr 3 1333 ram
    crusial 120 ssd
    5 x 2 TB WesternDigital red harddrive in raid 5
    2 intel 1000mT nic's
    latest OMV stone burner

lets get cooking .....
    don't be afraid of learning it can be fun

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!