OMV and Raspberry pi

• Hi,

sorry, but no change!

Code
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":7003,"message":"Failed to read from socket: Resource temporarily unavailable","trace":"exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to read from socket: Resource temporarily unavailable' in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc.inc:168\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-rpc(107): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'createIndex', Array, Array, 2)\n#1 {main}"}}
    E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it
    • Offizieller Beitrag

Not sure. Try updating your sd card image to my newest image based on 1.0.9.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Much more better with the new image! I have the plugin list available, i install OwnCloud, it seem to be fine, i will have to test furthermore to be sure, but i guess everything is OK now!
    Thanks for your great help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Glad it is working better :) I found a few things that help my 256 mb RPi run better so I thought they couldn't hurt the newer RPis.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Aaron, do you happen to know by memory if raspbian is able to run from an attached 2,5" hard drive? I know raspbmc supports such feature.

I ordered a used 2,5" hard drive for a bare minimum secondary low-power NAS. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

It can't boot from the drive (neither can raspbmc) but you could easily move the folders to a hard drive and add the drive to fstab. Just the boot directory needs to stay on the sd card. Might have to try it tomorrow.

• Yeah, it just about extending the life of the sd card. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It would be faster as well (if using cheap sd cards).

• It would be faster as well

It's an old 250GB... should exaggerate USB 2.0 ofc. ;)

(if using cheap sd cards).

Not sure which one to use yet... how small could we get /boot? Have an old 64MB sd card lying around :P

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does this help? :)

Code
    root@raspberrypi:~# du -h /boot
    9.7M    /boot

• So 64MB card it is.

Sadly the 2,5" drive will not be here before Friday or Saturday... time to start a Thread for it in our NAS Section. ;)

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will make a small image of just /boot.

• It would be nice if you could prepare both /boot and the rest of it as second image, I can grow it on the USB HDD then.

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

That should be easy enough.

• i was trying to use berryboot to dual boot between openelec and omv and maybe raspbmc (once i figure out how to put it on the hdd), and others. i created the squashfs from the the omv_1.0.23_rpi.img per the "how-to-Geek" web page and was able to put it on a usb hdd but it was slow and sluggish and i was getting errors with trying to update/upgrade omv.

does omv run that slow from the hdd on the rpi? i would think even for the rpi it should be pretty darn fast as opposed to running on an sd card. do you think the shared lib/modules may have something to do with it being so slow? i'm using an old 1 gig micro sd card for berryboot on a rpi b+. not sure what class the sd card is.

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the how to geek web page?? OMV runs faster on the hard drive than the sd card. Never used berryboot though. Why do you want to switch between a nas and a client?

• Though running fast on the hard disk, the initial load for the webgui still is around 10-20 seconds or so.

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can't fix a slow processor :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!