[solved] Resize doesn't work

• Thanks, I agree it looks like many people have used it OK.

I did some more digging, and while the recusrive partition error is for dev/sdj (my usb disk, another one this time), that doesnt' appear to the error. Click in 'information' for /dev/md127 gives me an error with dumpe2fs and short read on the superblock? Strange. I'm going to try parted magic, and if I get the same error, follow this guide on repairing a superblock.

http://linuxexpresso.wordpress…xt4-superblock-in-ubuntu/
    Hrm.. or not.. this is from OMV..

Code
    Version : 1.2
      Creation Time : Thu Feb 27 16:14:09 2014
         Raid Level : raid6
         Array Size : 17581590528 (16767.11 GiB 18003.55 GB)
      Used Dev Size : 2930265088 (2794.52 GiB 3000.59 GB)
       Raid Devices : 8
      Total Devices : 8
        Persistence : Superblock is persistent
  • You can't unmount the filesystem as long as there are shares on it, not even via CLI if I remember correctly.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I just saw this posted above from mcflym

Zitat

So you have to check the partition to resize!

It was at the very bottom of his post so I missed it, so I am attempting to 'check' the partition in gparted first, and will see if I can resize afterward.

• Well great. Going on almost 1 hour and gparted appears to be hung. :( I don't hear any HDD usage either.

Edit - 'top' has gpartedbin @ 99.0-99.9% of CPU utilization, with e2fsck showing 0-3% utilization. I guess I will just let it run for a while and see if gparted comes back to life.

• Hi, back again and i am on the same issue again :/

I want to resize up to approx 27 TB... Gparted is checking now for about 9 hours with a CPU-Load of 50% but without any HDD activity (as far i can see).

Any suggestions?

Its RAID6 with 9 HDD.

I am now on omv Version 2.1.25

Thank you.

Update: After 16 hours i aborted the operation. No changes to the filesystems... :/

Will try it now with gparted version 0.25 (used 0.19 before). Lets cross the fingers ;)

With 0.25 it looks like it'll work... CPU Usage is approx 5% and RAM-Use is about 5 GB (instead of 400 MB before) and growing.

It worked! After 30 mins everything was fine :D

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!