Problem of Installing OMV with XBMC

• i was setting up my NAS with OMV and also tvheadend for TV streaming, i have a HD4850, wanna run XBMC to watch TV too, but after installing driver for the graphics cards, glxinfo is still unable to open display, XMBC said OpenGL is not working. i am a very beginner of Linux, and i was new to OMV, please help me for the problem. thanks a lot. sorry for my bad English.

• Thats probably something you should ask over at the XBMX/Kodi Forums. OpenMediaVault is based on Debian, so they should be able to help pretty easy over there.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "ip4368"

i was setting up my NAS with OMV and also tvheadend for TV streaming, i have a HD4850, wanna run XBMC to watch TV too, but after installing driver for the graphics cards, glxinfo is still unable to open display, XMBC said OpenGL is not working. i am a very beginner of Linux, and i was new to OMV, please help me for the problem. thanks a lot. sorry for my bad English.

I'm about to start working on that myself. The hardest issue is the ATI drivers. Nvidia seems easier to install, but the only Nvidia card I have that I can use is a 9500GT which needs a pci audio card for the spdif header on it. My HD5670 is perfect for XBMC..

I'll keep you informed of my progress. Essentially I can get either of them installed, but combining the two is difficult because XBMC requires stuff from debian-testing, and of course OMV does not.

• Huh? XBMC requires stuff from testing? 13.x is in wheezy backports. ;)

PS: Have an ATI Card in my server as well and even I gave up to put XBMC onto it...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Huh? XBMC requires stuff from testing? 13.x is in wheezy backports. ;)

PS: Have an ATI Card in my server as well and even I gave up to put XBMC onto it...

Greetings
    David

I actually got it all running. I started with Debian 7.6 but the issue below might be solved by starting with 7.4

I'll have to do a writeup I guess. I did have an issue when I got around to installing OMV. There was a package on the system that was newer than what OMV called for..libwbclient0
    i had to run

Code
    aptitude install samba

and find the solution that downgraded libwbclient0 to 2:3.6.6-6+deb7u4

after it downgraded that file, and installed samba i was good to install OMV

I'm having issues getting my remote to work, and Im not going to worry about configuring OMV until I can get all of XBMC to work

• Here the current state of my scripts

I install a debian with only the ssh server and the "common utilities" ( I do not remember the exact name) from the tasksel then I run

Then I run

I integrated the tips from the previous post ( libwbclient0 )

So far the xbmc runs ( I have a third script that installs a init script),I can configure omv from the web interface.

I've yet to check if the samba server correctly run when configured by omv.

Please use/comment/help me to improve those scripts because XMBC and OMV on the same hardware makes the perfect home server for me( I run it on an http://www.gigabyte.fr/product…uct-page.aspx?pid=3140#ov mainboard: GeForce graphics chipset, 6 SATA, the system disk on an old IDE laptop drive)...
    Thanks in advance !
    Etienne

• What do you use as a remote? I spent about 6 hours trying to get my generic RC6 Microsoft brand remote to work, and it would just not recognize the keys properly. I know it works, because it works fine in both XBMCBuntu and Openelec out of the box.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!